Planet PostgreSQL policy

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

Sorry for the delay: Travel+ vacation... It took some time:

http://planetpostgresql.org/policy.html

I'm open for comments.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Planet PostgreSQL policy

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: Planet PostgreSQL policy

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the delay: Travel+ vacation... It took some time:
>
> http://planetpostgresql.org/policy.html
>
> I'm open for comments.

Looks good. Do we need/want a policy on "flooding"? Like "max 5 posts
per day" or something like that? (I'm very much asking, I don't even
know what I think myself yet :-P)

//Magnus

Re: Planet PostgreSQL policy

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 19:38 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Do we need/want a policy on "flooding"? Like "max 5 posts
> per day" or something like that?

Hmm. I thought of that, but:

1. We did not have such a problem until now
2. I don't want to limit people.

OTOH, since we are feeding PostgreSQL.org, it might be good to have a
limit of 2 blogs/day.

Objections?
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Planet PostgreSQL policy

From
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Date:
On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 17:22:29 +0300 Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the delay: Travel+ vacation... It took some time:
>
> http://planetpostgresql.org/policy.html

Looks good for me, so +1.

Will you link this policy on the main page? ;-)

Kind regards

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: Planet PostgreSQL policy

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 23:42 +0200, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> Will you link this policy on the main page? ;-)

Yes, I will.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Planet PostgreSQL policy

From
Greg Smith
Date:
On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Devrim G�ND�Z wrote:

> OTOH, since we are feeding PostgreSQL.org, it might be good to have a
> limit of 2 blogs/day.

Selena just did 4 posts in a day on April 2nd, all related to the
conference.  I wouldn't be surprised to find about that many from a single
person again, covering a show in the future.  2/day seems a bit low, 5/day
seems unlikely to be limiting to anyone while still providing protection
against serious flooding.

Re: Planet PostgreSQL policy

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 19:18 -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Devrim GNDZ wrote:
>
> > OTOH, since we are feeding PostgreSQL.org, it might be good to have a
> > limit of 2 blogs/day.
>
> Selena just did 4 posts in a day on April 2nd, all related to the
> conference.  I wouldn't be surprised to find about that many from a single
> person again, covering a show in the future.  2/day seems a bit low, 5/day
> seems unlikely to be limiting to anyone while still providing protection
> against serious flooding.

5 is not an arbitrary number: Planet PostgreSQL has 5 slots on
www.PostgreSQL.org , so I don't want it to be filled with a single
person at a time. But of course, this is up to -www team. I personally
don't care about it that much from Planet administration perspective.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Planet PostgreSQL policy

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:45:38 +0300
Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> 5 is not an arbitrary number: Planet PostgreSQL has 5 slots on
> www.PostgreSQL.org , so I don't want it to be filled with a single
> person at a time. But of course, this is up to -www team. I personally
> don't care about it that much from Planet administration perspective.

IMO, it isn't that big of a deal because planet is fairly active so
even if someone dig blog 5 times, new blogs are going to show up
relatively quick.

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit