PgFoundry Down?

From
"Jonah H. Harris"
Date:
--
Jonah H. Harris, Sr. Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation | fax: 732.331.1301
499 Thornall Street, 2nd Floor | jonah.harris@enterprisedb.com
Edison, NJ 08837 | http://www.enterprisedb.com/

Re: PgFoundry Down?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

Re: PgFoundry Down?

From
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Date:
On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:43:18 -0300 Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> DDoS against an IP caused us some issues today ... we blocked the IP (and are
> helping the client move to another provider, as this isn't the first time) and
> everything seem fine now, so the queues are being pushed out ...

That's not the first time, this machines was DDoSed, or?

Kind regards

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: PgFoundry Down?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

Re: PgFoundry Down?

Date:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:
>> That's not the first time, this machines was DDoSed, or?

> Nope, but its the last time ... that client's VPS/site will not be coming back
> online ...

While I can't argue with that, it's kinda depressing, because that's the
exact result the DDOS'ers hoped to achieve.
        regards, tom lane

Re: PgFoundry Down?

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:
> >> That's not the first time, this machines was DDoSed, or?
>
> > Nope, but its the last time ... that client's VPS/site will not be coming back
> > online ...
>
> While I can't argue with that, it's kinda depressing, because that's the
> exact result the DDOS'ers hoped to achieve.

What was the DDOS client doing that was causing this?

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: PgFoundry Down?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"