Advertizing email footers

Date:
I just noticed this email from a Yahoo user has a Blockbuster
advertisement.  I just sent a test email from my Yahoo account to myself
and it had an advertisement too.

Is this a growing trend?  I guess my signature has advertizing too, but
at least I control it.

----- Forwarded message from chester c young -----

it appears I have a broken RI in my db.

call_individual.clh_id references call_household.clh_id

\d call_individual
Foreign-key constraints:   "call_individual_clh_id_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (clh_id) REFERENCES
call_household(clh_id) ON DELETE CASCADE

however:
development=# select clh_id from call_individual cli where not exists(
select 1 from call_household clh where clh.clh_id=cli.clh_id );clh_id
-------- 14691

should not matter, but call_individual has a pre-delete trigger that
simply raises an exception to prevent deletions:       raise exception 'calls may not be deleted';

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Advertizing email footers

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I just noticed this email from a Yahoo user has a Blockbuster
> advertisement.  I just sent a test email from my Yahoo account to myself
> and it had an advertisement too.
>
> Is this a growing trend?  I guess my signature has advertizing too, but
> at least I control it.

Yes, some "free email" providers put advertisement as footers.  This is
not exactly new.

You'll notice my signature has "advertising" too, and no one has ever
complained about it.

Re: Advertizing email footers

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Alvaro,

> You'll notice my signature has "advertising" too, and no one has ever
> complained about it.

Heh.  No, never.  Of course not.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Advertizing email footers

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:

Re: Advertizing email footers

Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:23:58 -0400 (EDT)
> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>

> > I just noticed this email from a Yahoo user has a Blockbuster
> > advertisement.  I just sent a test email from my Yahoo account to
> > myself and it had an advertisement too.
> >
> > Is this a growing trend?  I guess my signature has advertizing too,
> > but at least I control it.
>
> Free email.... has advertising :). Its been around a while.

So we are all walking advertizements:
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/3286259.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=4F84C7EF07395AB635C72FD62FFBA905A55A1E4F32AD3138

Date: