Problem with survey code

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Team,

Low priority issue:

When one adds a new survey to wwwmaster, it gets added to the Survey History
whether it is activated or not.  As a result, we now have a bunch of 0
results surveys already in the history:

http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.49
http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.52

These will get results once we rotate them into the limelight, but it's a
little disconcerting right now.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Problem with survey code

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Team,
>
> Low priority issue:
>
> When one adds a new survey to wwwmaster, it gets added to the Survey History
> whether it is activated or not.  As a result, we now have a bunch of 0
> results surveys already in the history:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.49
> http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.52
>
> These will get results once we rotate them into the limelight, but it's a
> little disconcerting right now.

hmm - just commited a small change to exclude all the ones that have
zero results  in them - should go live on the next sidebuild.

Stefan

Re: Problem with survey code

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Tuesday 23 October 2007 16:09, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Team,
> >
> > Low priority issue:
> >
> > When one adds a new survey to wwwmaster, it gets added to the Survey
> > History whether it is activated or not.  As a result, we now have a bunch
> > of 0 results surveys already in the history:
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.49
> > http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.52
> >
> > These will get results once we rotate them into the limelight, but it's a
> > little disconcerting right now.
>
> hmm - just commited a small change to exclude all the ones that have
> zero results  in them - should go live on the next sidebuild.

This means to activate a survey you have to vote in it, right?

--
Robert Treat

Re: Problem with survey code

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007 16:09, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Team,
>>>
>>> Low priority issue:
>>>
>>> When one adds a new survey to wwwmaster, it gets added to the Survey
>>> History whether it is activated or not.  As a result, we now have a bunch
>>> of 0 results surveys already in the history:
>>>
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.49
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.52
>>>
>>> These will get results once we rotate them into the limelight, but it's a
>>> little disconcerting right now.
>> hmm - just commited a small change to exclude all the ones that have
>> zero results  in them - should go live on the next sidebuild.
>>

> This means to activate a survey you have to vote in it, right?

this means that a survey needs to have at least one vote to show up in
the "Other surveys" listing.
Afaiks there is no real "this survey is actived" flag/indication in the
code - only "this is the survey that is running now" so looking at the
number of votes is the only hint we can use for generating a list of
"surveys that ran in the past".

Stefan