Please fix License/Licence page

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

The License page is titled "License" and has the meta "License".  But it's
found at:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence

I realize Americans and Brit-types spell the word differently, but that's
rather confusing.

Can we move the page to /about/license and have a re-direct
from /about/licence ?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Please fix License/Licence page

From
"Dave Page"

Not without adding a rewrite rule that will be processed for every single hit which I'd rather not do for something so
trivial.

I'll happily change the text to English in the morning if you like though :-p

/D

Re: Please fix License/Licence page

From
Alvaro Herrera
Dave Page wrote:

> Not without adding a rewrite rule that will be processed for every
> single hit which I'd rather not do for something so trivial.

Maybe have a symlink or something like that?

> I'll happily change the text to English in the morning if you like
> though :-p

You mean having "licence" in the morn and "license" in the afternoon?
Sounds like a plan to me.  Whose timezone will you be using?

Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
>> Not without adding a rewrite rule that will be processed for every
>> single hit which I'd rather not do for something so trivial.
>
> Maybe have a symlink or something like that?

I'm not entirely sure if that would work, but if we add a symlink in the
buildscript, as long as wwwmaster has FollowSymlinks turned on, and we
link to both versions from somewhere, the spider /should/ create both
static pages.

Of course, it would be easier to just fix the speeling in the text
rather than propagate the error to the URL as well...

>> I'll happily change the text to English in the morning if you like
>> though :-p
>
> You mean having "licence" in the morn and "license" in the afternoon?
> Sounds like a plan to me.  Whose timezone will you be using?

No, but that sounds like a fine idea to me. We can get the timezone from
the browser :-p

/D

Re: Please fix License/Licence page

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 08:44:08AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Dave Page wrote:
> >
> >> Not without adding a rewrite rule that will be processed for every
> >> single hit which I'd rather not do for something so trivial.
> >
> > Maybe have a symlink or something like that?
>
> I'm not entirely sure if that would work, but if we add a symlink in the
> buildscript, as long as wwwmaster has FollowSymlinks turned on, and we
> link to both versions from somewhere, the spider /should/ create both
> static pages.

Wouldn't it be cleaner to just push out a .htaccess with a simple Alias
rule?
(We already push a .htaccess for / so we could either use that one, or push
out a new one in about/ - just do it the same way as the others)

//Magnus

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 08:44:08AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>>> Maybe have a symlink or something like that?
>> I'm not entirely sure if that would work, but if we add a symlink in the
>> buildscript, as long as wwwmaster has FollowSymlinks turned on, and we
>> link to both versions from somewhere, the spider /should/ create both
>> static pages.
>
> Wouldn't it be cleaner to just push out a .htaccess with a simple Alias
> rule?
> (We already push a .htaccess for / so we could either use that one, or push
> out a new one in about/ - just do it the same way as the others)

Dunno - do aliases work pre or post rewrite rules?

/D

Date:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 01:28:09PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >> I'm not entirely sure if that would work, but if we add a symlink in the
> >> buildscript, as long as wwwmaster has FollowSymlinks turned on, and we
> >> link to both versions from somewhere, the spider /should/ create both
> >> static pages.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be cleaner to just push out a .htaccess with a simple Alias
> > rule?
> > (We already push a .htaccess for / so we could either use that one, or push
> > out a new one in about/ - just do it the same way as the others)
>
> Dunno - do aliases work pre or post rewrite rules?

Not sure, but it doesn't matter - I'm takling about a .htaccess file pushed
to the static mirrors, not to wwwmaster.
//mha

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Not sure, but it doesn't matter - I'm takling about a .htaccess file pushed
> to the static mirrors, not to wwwmaster.

Ah, I see. I'll leave it to you then :-)

/D

Re: Please fix License/Licence page

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 13:51 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Not sure, but it doesn't matter - I'm takling about a .htaccess file
> pushed
> > to the static mirrors, not to wwwmaster.
>
> Ah, I see. I'll leave it to you then :-)

Oh,no! That means website will be broken again :-P

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Please fix License/Licence page

From
"Dave Page"

ROTFLMAO!!

/D

Date:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 11:03:01PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > > pushed
> > >
> > > Ah, I see. I'll leave it to you then :-)
> >
> > Oh,no! That means website will be broken again :-P
>
> ROTFLMAO!!

Obviously, I'll leave it right back to you then ;-)

//Magnus

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> Oh,no! That means website will be broken again :-P
>> ROTFLMAO!!
>
> Obviously, I'll leave it right back to you then ;-)

Sorry, release coming up. That trumps everything :-p

/D