anoncvs.postgresql.org

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Marc,

I've installed subversion (using pkg_add) on anoncvs.postgresql.org and
added a bunch of "vital files" to autobackup. Please check and add any more
files that should be there. (I just took it from whatever I found on the
main cvs server, so it's probably different)

Per previous email, I've enabled rsync on port 443 for the poor people from
Sun who have evil firewalls.

Also, wasn't the plan to move cvsup there as well? Any status on when that
can happen?

When can we expect sudo to be installed with the proper config for
managers (incl accounts)?

Finally, when can we expect some basic documentation of how the machine is
set up? I have not documented the changes I did as stated above, since there
is nowhere to document them yet. So please include them from the beginning.

I notice the machine went into production already before we had docs - so
it's fairly urgent now. We do have a policy of not bringing undocumented
machines into production these days....

Thanks,Magnus

Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 02:34:54PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Marc,
>
> I've installed subversion (using pkg_add) on anoncvs.postgresql.org and
> added a bunch of "vital files" to autobackup. Please check and add any more
> files that should be there. (I just took it from whatever I found on the
> main cvs server, so it's probably different)
>
> Per previous email, I've enabled rsync on port 443 for the poor people from
> Sun who have evil firewalls.
>
> Also, wasn't the plan to move cvsup there as well? Any status on when that
> can happen?
>
> When can we expect sudo to be installed with the proper config for
> managers (incl accounts)?
>
> Finally, when can we expect some basic documentation of how the machine is
> set up? I have not documented the changes I did as stated above, since there
> is nowhere to document them yet. So please include them from the beginning.
>
> I notice the machine went into production already before we had docs - so
> it's fairly urgent now. We do have a policy of not bringing undocumented
> machines into production these days....

FYI, I've also updated the server list since it said that the new anoncvs
machine wasn't in use yet.

Is svr4 all dead now? I think you said so - in that case, it needs to be
wiped (it can still be pinged :-P), and it needs to be removed from the
documentation (which claims it's still the master ftp site?)

//Magnus

Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Marc,

when can we expect something to happen about these issues? They're fairly
critical, IMO.

(I've removed the parts that were just what's done, what's left is just the
TODO list of important things)

//Magnus

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 03:22:05PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 02:34:54PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Marc,
> >
> > Also, wasn't the plan to move cvsup there as well? Any status on when that
> > can happen?
> >
> > When can we expect sudo to be installed with the proper config for
> > managers (incl accounts)?
> >
> > Finally, when can we expect some basic documentation of how the machine is
> > set up? I have not documented the changes I did as stated above, since there
> > is nowhere to document them yet. So please include them from the beginning.
> >
> > I notice the machine went into production already before we had docs - so
> > it's fairly urgent now. We do have a policy of not bringing undocumented
> > machines into production these days....
>
> FYI, I've also updated the server list since it said that the new anoncvs
> machine wasn't in use yet.
>
> Is svr4 all dead now? I think you said so - in that case, it needs to be
> wiped (it can still be pinged :-P), and it needs to be removed from the
> documentation (which claims it's still the master ftp site?)

Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Marc,
>
> when can we expect something to happen about these issues? They're fairly
> critical, IMO.
>
> (I've removed the parts that were just what's done, what's left is just the
> TODO list of important things)

Come on Marc... there is a list of todos below. Can we please see some
progress? (/me grumbles about the fact that he is currently documenting
community2)

Joshua D. Drake

> //Magnus
>
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 03:22:05PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 02:34:54PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> Marc,
>>>
>>> Also, wasn't the plan to move cvsup there as well? Any status on when that
>>> can happen?
>>>
>>> When can we expect sudo to be installed with the proper config for
>>> managers (incl accounts)?
>>>
>>> Finally, when can we expect some basic documentation of how the machine is
>>> set up? I have not documented the changes I did as stated above, since there
>>> is nowhere to document them yet. So please include them from the beginning.
>>>
>>> I notice the machine went into production already before we had docs - so
>>> it's fairly urgent now. We do have a policy of not bringing undocumented
>>> machines into production these days....
>> FYI, I've also updated the server list since it said that the new anoncvs
>> machine wasn't in use yet.
>>
>> Is svr4 all dead now? I think you said so - in that case, it needs to be
>> wiped (it can still be pinged :-P), and it needs to be removed from the
>> documentation (which claims it's still the master ftp site?)

- --
PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  http://www.commandprompt.com/        UNIQUE NOT NULL

Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Still waiting on this one.. Any status update or at least a basic timeframe
on when we can expect a status update on the project of creating a
timeframe for doing it?

//Magnus

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 10:02:49AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Marc,
> >
> > when can we expect something to happen about these issues? They're fairly
> > critical, IMO.
> >
> > (I've removed the parts that were just what's done, what's left is just the
> > TODO list of important things)
>
> Come on Marc... there is a list of todos below. Can we please see some
> progress? (/me grumbles about the fact that he is currently documenting
> community2)
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

> > //Magnus

> >> FYI, I've also updated the server list since it said that the new anoncvs
> >> machine wasn't in use yet.
> >>
> >> Is svr4 all dead now? I think you said so - in that case, it needs to be
> >> wiped (it can still be pinged :-P), and it needs to be removed from the
> >> documentation (which claims it's still the master ftp site?)

Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Here's one final reminder on this one. Consider me having given up on
ever getting these things fixed now.

//Magnus

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Still waiting on this one.. Any status update or at least a basic timeframe
> on when we can expect a status update on the project of creating a
> timeframe for doing it?
>
> //Magnus
>
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 10:02:49AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> Marc,
>>>
>>> when can we expect something to happen about these issues? They're fairly
>>> critical, IMO.
>>>
>>> (I've removed the parts that were just what's done, what's left is just the
>>> TODO list of important things)
>> Come on Marc... there is a list of todos below. Can we please see some
>> progress? (/me grumbles about the fact that he is currently documenting
>> community2)
>>
>> Joshua D. Drake
>>

>>> //Magnus

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend