SMTP on svr1?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Marc,

do we have any idea why the SMTP service has been flapping on svr1? If
you look at the nagios output, it's been unavailable a lot of times
since monitoring was added a week ago or so. Since this one handles our
main mail delivery, that's something that should be investigated. (it's
reported 20 alerts just today, and it's been down almost an hour and a
half int he past week!)

//Magnus

Re: SMTP on svr1?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:

Re: SMTP on svr1?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:

Re: SMTP on svr1?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

Not a clue, I don't see it from this end ...

- --On Saturday, August 25, 2007 11:00:53 -0700 "Joshua D. Drake"
<jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> Marc,
>>
>>> do we have any idea why the SMTP service has been flapping on svr1? If
>>> you look at the nagios output, it's been unavailable a lot of times
>>> since monitoring was added a week ago or so. Since this one handles our
>>> main mail delivery, that's something that should be investigated. (it's
>>> reported 20 alerts just today, and it's been down almost an hour and a
>>> half int he past week!)
>>
>> This would certainly be good to track down. We are regularly seeing
>> problems with delayed (hours) delivery of emails.
>
> Marc, since you seem to be answering email today, could you please
> describe what the problem here is?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Joshua D. Drake
>>
>>> //Magnus
>>
>>> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
>>> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>>
>>>                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
>>

> - ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------

> - --
>
>       === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564   24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
> PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  http://www.commandprompt.com/
>             UNIQUE NOT NULL
> Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
> PostgreSQL Replication: http://www.commandprompt.com/products/

- ----

Re: SMTP on svr1?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

stephan, is there a certain time of day when it is happening?  some sort of
'trend', or just totally randomly?