on moderation

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
Hi,

I'm back from IETF-69, and have caught up on all post requests for
any list I moderate, AFAIK.

I'm a little dismayed that some things were sitting in the queue for
as long as they were.  Is anyone else doing this stuff regularly?
-admin seemed to be especially bad.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Everything that happens in the world happens at some place.    --Jane Jacobs

Re: on moderation

From
Dave Page
Date:
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm back from IETF-69, and have caught up on all post requests for
> any list I moderate, AFAIK.
>
> I'm a little dismayed that some things were sitting in the queue for
> as long as they were.  Is anyone else doing this stuff regularly?
> -admin seemed to be especially bad.

I'm doing -hackers, -bugs, -committers, -www, -slavestothewww, -core,
webmaster and pgadmin-* on a very regular basis when I'm online. I have
to admit though, I don't always explicitly reject junk when I'm on my pda.

/D

Re: on moderation

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Andrew Sullivan a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm back from IETF-69, and have caught up on all post requests for
> any list I moderate, AFAIK.
>
> I'm a little dismayed that some things were sitting in the queue for
> as long as they were.  Is anyone else doing this stuff regularly?
> -admin seemed to be especially bad.

I haven't voluntered earlier because many others did and I thought there
was enough people. So, I can help you on this one if you want.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/    http://lfs.traduc.org/    http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->

Re: on moderation

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
Marc?

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 10:16:24PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm back from IETF-69, and have caught up on all post requests for
> > any list I moderate, AFAIK.
> >
> > I'm a little dismayed that some things were sitting in the queue for
> > as long as they were.  Is anyone else doing this stuff regularly?
> > -admin seemed to be especially bad.
> >

> I haven't voluntered earlier because many others did and I thought there
> was enough people. So, I can help you on this one if you want.
>
> Regards.
>

> --
> Guillaume.
> <!-- http://abs.traduc.org/
>      http://lfs.traduc.org/
>      http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
However important originality may be in some fields, restraint and
adherence to procedure emerge as the more significant virtues in a
great many others.   --Alain de Botton

Re: on moderation

From
Alvaro Herrera
Dave Page wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm back from IETF-69, and have caught up on all post requests for
> > any list I moderate, AFAIK.
> >
> > I'm a little dismayed that some things were sitting in the queue for
> > as long as they were.  Is anyone else doing this stuff regularly?
> > -admin seemed to be especially bad.
>
> I'm doing -hackers, -bugs, -committers, -www, -slavestothewww, -core,
> webmaster and pgadmin-* on a very regular basis when I'm online. I have
> to admit though, I don't always explicitly reject junk when I'm on my pda.

I'm also doing (AFAIR) -hackers, -patches and -committers, and had
somewhat irregular visits to the moderation queue due to being away for
OSCON.  As you noted, I don't do -admin.

Re: on moderation

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

> > I'm doing -hackers, -bugs, -committers, -www, -slavestothewww, -core,
> > webmaster and pgadmin-* on a very regular basis when I'm online. I
> > have to admit though, I don't always explicitly reject junk when I'm
> > on my pda.

I do sfpug@, -performance, -advocacy and press@.  I don't bother deleting
the spam, but just let the 7-day rotation catch it.  Nor to I really
intend to change that, since I don't see any real benefit in doing so.
--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: on moderation

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

Re: on moderation

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Hi Marc,

Email address : guillaume at lelarge.info
Lists : admin and pgsql-fr-generale (on this last one, I'm not sure there is any moderators at all)

Oh and pgsql-eu-general.

If you know other lists which don't have many administrators, just add
me (but don't add me to more than 5 lists).

Thanks Marc.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/    http://lfs.traduc.org/    http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->

Re: on moderation

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: on moderation

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

Re: on moderation

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Marc,

> Just means when someone goes in through the web interface, they have to
> 're-review' all those messages that you didn't bother rejecting, making
> the whole process take longer ...

Then fix Majordomo so that it displays a subject line with each moderated
entry in the web interface.  That would save me 60% of my review time, and
make it easier for me to delete spam.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: on moderation

From
Decibel!
Date:
On Jul 30, 2007, at 1:04 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> I'm back from IETF-69, and have caught up on all post requests for
> any list I moderate, AFAIK.
>
> I'm a little dismayed that some things were sitting in the queue for
> as long as they were.  Is anyone else doing this stuff regularly?
> -admin seemed to be especially bad.

I've volunteered, and theoretically I'm a moderator for -general, but
I've never gotten any emails from it (unless *all* of them have been
flagged as spam, which I find hard to believe).

Marc, can you take a look?
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org

Re: on moderation

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Marc G. Fournier a écrit :
>> Please let me know email address to use for moderator, and which lists (just
>> admin?) you would like to monitor, I can quickly add you in ...
>>

> Email address : guillaume at lelarge.info
> Lists : admin and pgsql-fr-generale
>   (on this last one, I'm not sure there is any moderators at all)
>
> Oh and pgsql-eu-general.
>
> If you know other lists which don't have many administrators, just add
> me (but don't add me to more than 5 lists).
>
> Thanks Marc.

I wondered if you had the time to do it ? Or do you need more informations ?

Thanks

Regards.