Another request ignored

Date:
Why am I having to ask multiple times to get anything fixed lately?

Here is another "unsubscribe" email on the admin list. I have been told
that most lists have the "unsubscribe" filter on them, but admin does
not.  I have asked multiple times for it to be added, and gotten no
response.

If simple things cannot be done easily, perhaps mailman is the way to
go, or some other change.

From: "Adrian Malinaru" <adrian.malinaru@matrix.ro>
To: <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:34:22 +0200

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Another request ignored

From
Dave Page
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Why am I having to ask multiple times to get anything fixed lately?

Probably because you are asking the web team to fix a mailing list
issue.  I would suggest CC'ing Marc to ensure he reads it rather than
relying on him not missing it amongst the web stuff (which I believe he
tends to skim).

Regards, Dave.

Re: Another request ignored

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Dave Page wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Why am I having to ask multiple times to get anything fixed lately?
>
> Probably because you are asking the web team to fix a mailing list
> issue.  I would suggest CC'ing Marc to ensure he reads it rather than
> relying on him not missing it amongst the web stuff (which I believe he
> tends to skim).
>
> Regards, Dave.

Shouldn't this really be a sysadmins list type deal anyway?

Joshua D. Drake

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Another request ignored

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

Re: Another request ignored

Date:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 'k, this is the first I've seen of this request ... as Dave mentioned, its not
> really for -www, since that is a web related list ...
>
> address removed ...

I don't want the address removed. I want the "subscribe" filter added to
the "administration" list like all the other lists have.  I have asked
this in previous emails that you responded to, so I am unsure how you
couldn't have seen it.

> - --On Wednesday, February 07, 2007 13:31:51 -0500 Bruce Momjian
> <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> > Why am I having to ask multiple times to get anything fixed lately?
> >
> > Here is another "unsubscribe" email on the admin list. I have been told
> > that most lists have the "unsubscribe" filter on them, but admin does
> > not.  I have asked multiple times for it to be added, and gotten no
> > response.
> >
> > If simple things cannot be done easily, perhaps mailman is the way to
> > go, or some other change.

> > --
> >   Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us
> >   EnterpriseDB                               http://www.enterprisedb.com
> >
> >   + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +
>

> - ----
> Email . scrappy@hub.org                              MSN . scrappy@hub.org
> Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Another request ignored

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

All the lists have the same header / body filters except for committers now ...
if a subscribe gets through, its because one of us moderating the lists hit
'accept' too fast .. actually, just checked to make sure, its not even a 'per
list' setting, its GLOBAL for all lists, and is currently set as, for headers:

configset GLOBAL admin_headers <<ENDAAB
/^subject:\s*subscribe\b/i
/^subject:\s*unsubscribe\b/i
/^subject:\s*uns\w*b/i
/^subject:\s*.*un-sub/i
/^subject:\s*help\b/i
/^subject:\s.*\bchange\b.*\baddress\b/i
/^subject:\s*request\b(.*\b)?addition\b/i
/^subject:\s*cancel\b/i
/^subject:\s*set\b/i
/MSGRCPT/
ENDAAB

and for the body:

configset GLOBAL admin_body <<ENDAAB
/^accept$/i
/^reject$/i
/\bcancel\b/i
/\badd me\b/i
/\bdelete me\b/i
/\bremove\s+me\b/i
/\bchange\b.*\baddress\b/
/\bsignoff\b/i
/\bsubscribe\b/i
/^sub\b/i
/\bunsubscribe\b/i
/^unsub\b/i
/^\s*help\s*$/i
/^\s*info\s*$/i
/^\s*info\s+\S+\s*$/i
/^\s*lists\s*$/i
/^\s*which\s*$/i
/^\s*which\s+\S+\s*$/i
/^\s*index\s*$/i
/^\s*index\s+\S+\s*$/i
/^\s*who\s*$/i
/^\s*who\s+\S+\s*$/i
/^\s*get\s+\S+\s*$/i
/^\s*get\s+\S+\s+\S+\s*$/i
/^\s*approve\b/i
/^\s*passwd\b/i
/^\s*newinfo\b/i
/^\s*config\b/i
/^\s*newconfig\b/i
/^\s*writeconfig\b/i
/^\s*mkdigest\b/i
ENDAAB

If anything looks off for either of those, please let me know and I can fix it,
but those are the 'default ones' that the system installs ...

- --On Wednesday, February 07, 2007 20:01:18 -0500 Bruce Momjian
<bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>

>> 'k, this is the first I've seen of this request ... as Dave mentioned, its
>> not  really for -www, since that is a web related list ...
>>
>> address removed ...
>
> I don't want the address removed. I want the "subscribe" filter added to
> the "administration" list like all the other lists have.  I have asked
> this in previous emails that you responded to, so I am unsure how you
> couldn't have seen it.

>> - --On Wednesday, February 07, 2007 13:31:51 -0500 Bruce Momjian
>> <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>>
>> > Why am I having to ask multiple times to get anything fixed lately?
>> >
>> > Here is another "unsubscribe" email on the admin list. I have been told
>> > that most lists have the "unsubscribe" filter on them, but admin does
>> > not.  I have asked multiple times for it to be added, and gotten no
>> > response.
>> >
>> > If simple things cannot be done easily, perhaps mailman is the way to
>> > go, or some other change.

>> > --
>> >   Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us
>> >   EnterpriseDB                               http://www.enterprisedb.com
>> >
>> >   + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +
>>

>> - ----
>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
>> Email . scrappy@hub.org                              MSN . scrappy@hub.org
>> Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us
>   EnterpriseDB                               http://www.enterprisedb.com
>
>   + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

- ----

Re: Another request ignored

Date:
OK, sounds good.  Thanks.

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> [...]
> > this in previous emails that you responded to, so I am unsure how you
> > couldn't have seen it.

> >> - --On Wednesday, February 07, 2007 13:31:51 -0500 Bruce Momjian

> >> - ----
> >> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
> >> Email . scrappy@hub.org                              MSN . scrappy@hub.org
> >> Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664
> >
> > --
> >   Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us
> >   EnterpriseDB                               http://www.enterprisedb.com
> >
> >   + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +
>

> - ----
> Email . scrappy@hub.org                              MSN . scrappy@hub.org
> Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 04:19:10PM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> Why am I having to ask multiple times to get anything fixed lately?
> >
> > Probably because you are asking the web team to fix a mailing list
> > issue.  I would suggest CC'ing Marc to ensure he reads it rather than
> > relying on him not missing it amongst the web stuff (which I believe he
> > tends to skim).
> >
> > Regards, Dave.
>
> Shouldn't this really be a sysadmins list type deal anyway?

Certainly not. The sysadmins list deals with *server maintenance*.

That said, I don't know if there is a list to deal with the list stuff -
not sure if anybody even reads majordomo-owner?

//Magnus

Re: Another request ignored

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 04:19:10PM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Dave Page wrote:
>>> Probably because you are asking the web team to fix a mailing list
>>> issue.  I would suggest CC'ing Marc to ensure he reads it rather than
>>> relying on him not missing it amongst the web stuff (which I believe he
>>> tends to skim).
>>>
>>> Regards, Dave.
>> Shouldn't this really be a sysadmins list type deal anyway?
>
> Certainly not. The sysadmins list deals with *server maintenance*.

perhaps it should be extended to server administration?

Date:
On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 07:32:00AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >> Shouldn't this really be a sysadmins list type deal anyway?
> >
> > Certainly not. The sysadmins list deals with *server maintenance*.
>
> perhaps it should be extended to server administration?

I'd rather see it included in -www then. sysadmins is supposed to be
very low traffic and infrastructure critical stuff.

//Magnus