Get ready for new minor version monday

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Web folks,

On Monday we'll be officially releasing a secuity upgrade, which includes
versions:
8.2.2, 8.1.7, 8.0.11, 7.4.16 and 7.3.18

Please create updates to the home page appropriately and apply them between
01:00 and 07:00 UTC Feb 5th.  That way I can send out the announcement
promptly in the morning PST.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Get ready for new minor version monday

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 11:33:47AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Web folks,
>
> On Monday we'll be officially releasing a secuity upgrade, which includes
> versions:
> 8.2.2, 8.1.7, 8.0.11, 7.4.16 and 7.3.18
>
> Please create updates to the home page appropriately and apply them between
> 01:00 and 07:00 UTC Feb 5th.  That way I can send out the announcement
> promptly in the morning PST.

I've updated the frontpage, even though it's slighly later than your
window now :-)

I'm currentyl loading the new version of the docs, should be done in
time for the next site rebuild.

I assume you will be posting a news item along with the mail to
-announce.

//Magnus

Re: Get ready for new minor version monday

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
magnus,

> I've updated the frontpage, even though it's slighly later than your
> window now :-)

Thanks!  Can someone check & approve the news item now?

--

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> magnus,
>
>> I've updated the frontpage, even though it's slighly later than your
>> window now :-)
>
> Thanks!  Can someone check & approve the news item now?

Approved.

//Magnus

Re: Get ready for new minor version monday

Minor gripe: on http://www.postgresql.org/support/security.html,
the descriptions of CVEs 0555 and 0556 are exchanged.  0555 is the
one that involves SQL function results and affects all versions.
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> Minor gripe: on http://www.postgresql.org/support/security.html,
> the descriptions of CVEs 0555 and 0556 are exchanged.  0555 is the
> one that involves SQL function results and affects all versions.

Oops. My bad. Fixed, will be on next site update.

//Magnus