captcha

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hello,

Could someone please work on captcha thing for our comment submission
page? We have lots of list members in here, but I can't see much
progress on this.

If noone is willing to do, I'll put random photos of developers instead
of captcha and ask for their names.

Re: captcha

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
> If noone is willing to do, I'll put random photos of developers instead
> of captcha and ask for their names.

Funny, but no you won't :)

Joshua D. Drake

> Thanks,

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: captcha

From
"Dave Page"

> Could someone please work on captcha thing for our comment submission
> page? We have lots of list members in here, but I can't see much
> progress on this.

No, because the project was shelved because the was no practical way to implement captcha in an accessible way (now a
legalrequirement in some countries)

> If noone is willing to do, I'll put random photos of developers instead
> of captcha and ask for their names.

That'll cut submissions down to about zero...

/D

Re: captcha

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Wednesday 09 August 2006 09:25, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > If noone is willing to do, I'll put random photos of developers instead
> > of captcha and ask for their names.
>
> Funny, but no you won't :)

If you put up a picture of the dancing elephant in place of Bruce's photo, I'm
on board.

--
Robert Treat

Re: captcha

Date:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 August 2006 09:25, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > > If noone is willing to do, I'll put random photos of developers instead
> > > of captcha and ask for their names.
> >
> > Funny, but no you won't :)
> >

> If you put up a picture of the dancing elephant in place of Bruce's photo, I'm
> on board.

Make sure the elephant has a beard.  ;-)

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Re: captcha

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hello,

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 14:50 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > If noone is willing to do, I'll put random photos of developers
> instead
> > of captcha and ask for their names.
>
> That'll cut submissions down to about zero...

That sounds great, as compared to the spam that happened in last few
days :-)

Re: captcha

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hello,

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 06:25 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > If noone is willing to do, I'll put random photos of developers
> instead
> > of captcha and ask for their names.
>
> Funny, but no you won't :)

Why not? :-) That will help the visibility of each developer. Hmm :)

Re: captcha

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 06:25 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> If noone is willing to do, I'll put random photos of developers
>> instead
>>> of captcha and ask for their names.
>> Funny, but no you won't :)
>
> Why not? :-) That will help the visibility of each developer. Hmm :)

Because... many developers just aren't that pretty ;)

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: captcha

Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> >> instead
> >> Funny, but no you won't :)
> >
> > Why not? :-) That will help the visibility of each developer. Hmm :)
>

> Because... many developers just aren't that pretty ;)

How are other web sites using captchas legally?

--

Date:
>>> Why not? :-) That will help the visibility of each developer. Hmm :)
>>
>> Because... many developers just aren't that pretty ;)
>
> How are other web sites using captchas legally?

My guess is that they are ignoring the legality of it because they are
likely hosted in the US (where I believe it is legal) and telling
everyone else to kiss off...

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/