Please replace foundations. server ...

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Marc,

Can we have another pointer to what used to be foundation.postgresql.org?
Given that we are a multi-foundation group, I think the new URL should be
spi.postgresql.org.   The FG needs a place to take votes and exchange
documents.  Thanks!

Server should be the same as conference.postgresql.org.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Please replace foundations. server ...

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
> Can we have another pointer to what used to be foundation.postgresql.org?
> Given that we are a multi-foundation group, I think the new URL should be
> spi.postgresql.org.   The FG needs a place to take votes and exchange
> documents.  Thanks!

'k, just to confirm: remove foundation.postgreql.org, add
spi.postgresql.org and point that to conference.postgresql.org?

----

Re: Please replace foundations. server ...

From
"Gavin M. Roy"
Date:
Point it to 65.19.161.16 (same IP as conference.)

Thanks!

On Aug 7, 2006, at 7:51 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> Marc,
>>
>> Can we have another pointer to what used to be
>> foundation.postgresql.org?
>> Given that we are a multi-foundation group, I think the new URL
>> should be
>> spi.postgresql.org.   The FG needs a place to take votes and exchange
>> documents.  Thanks!
>
> 'k, just to confirm: remove foundation.postgreql.org, add
> spi.postgresql.org and point that to conference.postgresql.org?
>
> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://
> www.hub.org)
> Email . scrappy@hub.org                              MSN .
> scrappy@hub.org
> Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

Re: Please replace foundations. server ...

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> Marc,
>>
>> Can we have another pointer to what used to be foundation.postgresql.org?
>> Given that we are a multi-foundation group, I think the new URL should be
>> spi.postgresql.org.   The FG needs a place to take votes and exchange
>> documents.  Thanks!
>
> 'k, just to confirm: remove foundation.postgreql.org, add
> spi.postgresql.org and point that to conference.postgresql.org?

I am not going to raise a fuss, but I would really prefer either
foundation. or fundsgroup.

spi is kind of incorrect although I can see the reason for the choice.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Please replace foundations. server ...

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Monday 07 August 2006 23:20, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >> Marc,
> >>
> >> Can we have another pointer to what used to be
> >> foundation.postgresql.org? Given that we are a multi-foundation group, I
> >> think the new URL should be spi.postgresql.org.   The FG needs a place
> >> to take votes and exchange documents.  Thanks!

You're apparently more optimistic about the current proposed voting structure
than I am ;-)

> > 'k, just to confirm: remove foundation.postgreql.org, add
> > spi.postgresql.org and point that to conference.postgresql.org?
>
> I am not going to raise a fuss, but I would really prefer either
> foundation. or fundsgroup.
>
> spi is kind of incorrect although I can see the reason for the choice.

I have this vaugue recollection from the pg summit that we we're going to add
a top level menu item into the postgresql.org website for "foundation" with
information about the various foundations and sponsors / donors; and
foundation.postgresql.org was going to point to that.  Is that getting tossed
out the window?

--
Robert Treat

Re: Please replace foundations. server ...

From
"Joshua D. Drake"

> I have this vaugue recollection from the pg summit that we we're going to add
> a top level menu item into the postgresql.org website for "foundation" with
> information about the various foundations and sponsors / donors; and
> foundation.postgresql.org was going to point to that.  Is that getting tossed
> out the window?

I think that /foundation should be a flat representation of who and what
the funds group is.

Where foundation. , or funds. should be a place where we can collaborate.

I do not like spi.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Please replace foundations. server ...

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> Where foundation. , or funds. should be a place where we can
> collaborate.
>
> I do not like spi.

Well, foundation. is out because SPI is not the only foundation for
PostgreSQL.   funds. sounds less official, I could go with that, but I
don't see what's wrong with spi.

--

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
>> Where foundation. , or funds. should be a place where we can
>> collaborate.
>>
>> I do not like spi.
>
> Well, foundation. is out because SPI is not the only foundation for
> PostgreSQL.   funds. sounds less official, I could go with that, but I
> don't see what's wrong with spi.

It just feels weird :) spi.postgresql.org says to me oh this is the spi
website on postgresql. And if foundation is out, spi would be out too
because its not the only foundation.

funds is definitely less official and I am open to any ideas. And I am
not trying to raise a fuss :) if that is all we have it is all we have.

What about fundsgroup or even fundraising.

?

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Please replace foundations. server ...

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: Please replace foundations. server ...

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Greg,

> Yeah, spi won't work. Funds sounds a little odd. Not sure why
> foundation cannot work - if we have more than one foundation,
> list them all under that subdomain. Most other projects seem
> to be using foundation.project.org or project.org/foundation.
> Some have donate.project.org and project.org/donations.

This is for a different purpose.  This is specificially a URL for the
Framewerk instance which the Funds Group (SPI) uses for collaboration.
It's not for general donation information, which I presume would go under
www.postgresql.org/about/donate.

--

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Greg,
>
>> Yeah, spi won't work. Funds sounds a little odd. Not sure why
>> foundation cannot work - if we have more than one foundation,
>> list them all under that subdomain. Most other projects seem
>> to be using foundation.project.org or project.org/foundation.
>> Some have donate.project.org and project.org/donations.
>
> This is for a different purpose.  This is specificially a URL for the
> Framewerk instance which the Funds Group (SPI) uses for collaboration.
> It's not for general donation information, which I presume would go under
> www.postgresql.org/about/donate.

Lets just do fundraising.postgresql.org

That is what we are, the Fundraising Group right?

At least to me, SPI is just syntactical sugar to allow us to operate. I
think we should keep the domain relevant to the group itself.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Please replace foundations. server ...

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> Lets just do fundraising.postgresql.org

I'm good with that.

--

Date:
On Wednesday 09 August 2006 18:47, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
> > Lets just do fundraising.postgresql.org
>
> I'm good with that.

Why don't we just stick with thepostgresqlfoundation.org (or whatever it
is/was) for the collaboration site?   Especially if the PR / Enquiring minds
will all be pointed to postgresql.org/foundation anyway...

--
Robert Treat