Search thoughts

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

I have been doing some example searching with our search engine and was
wondering if we can adjust the weights a little differently. For example:

ALTER TABLE, first link is:

http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/books/aw_pgsql/node203.html

Which although accurate is way out dated. It seems we should weight a
docs search higher with the current docs having the most weight?

The same happens with many of the commands such as CREATE INDEX...

Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Search thoughts

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Reposting because I realize that everyone was in bed or heading home
when this came through:

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been doing some example searching with our search engine and was
> wondering if we can adjust the weights a little differently. For example:
>
> ALTER TABLE, first link is:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/books/aw_pgsql/node203.html
>
> Which although accurate is way out dated. It seems we should weight a
> docs search higher with the current docs having the most weight?
>
> The same happens with many of the commands such as CREATE INDEX...
>
> Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Search thoughts

From
"Dave Page"
> Reposting because I realize that everyone was in bed or heading home
> when this came through:

Huh? Your email vanishes if you aren't there to read it as soon as it arrives? :-)

And, no, I don't mind if you wanna tweak the weights.

/D

-----Unmodified Original Message-----

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been doing some example searching with our search engine and was
> wondering if we can adjust the weights a little differently. For example:
>
> ALTER TABLE, first link is:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/books/aw_pgsql/node203.html
>
> Which although accurate is way out dated. It seems we should weight a
> docs search higher with the current docs having the most weight?
>
> The same happens with many of the commands such as CREATE INDEX...
>
> Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Search thoughts

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Wed, 10 May 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been doing some example searching with our search engine and was
> wondering if we can adjust the weights a little differently. For example:
>
> ALTER TABLE, first link is:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/books/aw_pgsql/node203.html
>
> Which although accurate is way out dated. It seems we should weight a docs
> search higher with the current docs having the most weight?
>
> The same happens with many of the commands such as CREATE INDEX...

Sounds reasonable to me ...

----

Re: Search thoughts

From