Sort book list by publication date

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
A lot of people at LinuxTag asked about books, so we pulled up the nice
book list on the web site.  But that list has a nonobvious order, which
makes it difficult to determine which books are still current.

I suggest that you sort the book list by publication date (descending)
and list the publication month and year in every entry (should be
readily available at Amazon or whereever).  That would be splendid.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Sort book list by publication date

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> A lot of people at LinuxTag asked about books, so we pulled
> up the nice book list on the web site.  But that list has a
> nonobvious order, which makes it difficult to determine which
> books are still current.
>
> I suggest that you sort the book list by publication date
> (descending) and list the publication month and year in every
> entry (should be readily available at Amazon or whereever).
> That would be splendid.

Seems reasonable, I've been wondering about tha tordering too :-)

Added publishing date to all books, and list is resorted. Just hang on
for the mirrors to update...

On a related note, that list could probalby do with some additions. For
example, there has to be *some* good pgsql books published after 2003,
right?

//Magnus

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On a related note, that list could probalby do with some additions.
> For example, there has to be *some* good pgsql books published after
> 2003, right?

I was getting to that. :)

I'm aware of the following two new books on the German market:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3826614933/qid=1119990657/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/302-7029099-1360003
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3936546223/qid=1119990657/sr=2-3/ref=sr_2_11_3/302-7029099-1360003

Btw., you could also link the German titles to http://www.bookzilla.de,
which donates a portion of all proceeds to the FSF Europe.  Might be
nicer than sponsoring Amazon.

--
Peter Eisentraut