Can we change the error message on the techdocs page?

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi all,

 From the database error last night, I've just checked my email and
there's about 20 messages from people saying "Techdocs is down, and it
says to email you about errors".

Can we update the Techdocs page so that it says to email pgsql-www
instead of justin@postgresql.org, so there's a good chance it's seen
even when I'm not online?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
"One who sees the invisible can do the impossible."
  + Frank Gaines

Re: Can we change the error message on the techdocs

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Justin Clift wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> From the database error last night, I've just checked my email and there's
> about 20 messages from people saying "Techdocs is down, and it says to email
> you about errors".
>
> Can we update the Techdocs page so that it says to email pgsql-www instead of
> justin@postgresql.org, so there's a good chance it's seen even when I'm not
> online?

Can you provide a bit more direction as to where I should be looking for
this?  There are *alot* of references to justin@postgresql.org when I
grep through the files :)

There is one variable I found for $webmaster that also pointed to justin@
... would that b what I need to change?

----

Re: Can we change the error message on the techdocs page?

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
<snip>
> Can you provide a bit more direction as to where I should be looking for
> this?  There are *alot* of references to justin@postgresql.org when I
> grep through the files :)

Doh.  Talk about "legacy systems"... ;)

> There is one variable I found for $webmaster that also pointed to
> justin@ ... would that b what I need to change?

Dunno.  Um, let's try it and find out?

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--

Date:
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Justin Clift wrote:

>> There is one variable I found for $webmaster that also pointed to justin@
>> ... would that b what I need to change?
>
> Dunno.  Um, let's try it and find out?

Done ...

----

Date:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Justin Clift wrote:
>
>>> There is one variable I found for $webmaster that also pointed to
>>> justin@ ... would that b what I need to change?
>>
>> Dunno.  Um, let's try it and find out?
>
> Done ...

Cool, thanks Marc.  Hopefully that'll take care of most of the
occurrences of it.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

--
"One who sees the invisible can do the impossible."
  + Frank Gaines

Re: Can we change the error message on the techdocs page?

From
Robert Treat
Date:

Just curious, but having done that once before changing all the justin@ to
webmaster@, which directory were you making changes on ?

--
Robert Treat

Date:
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Thursday 06 January 2005 07:51, Justin Clift wrote:
>> Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> Done ...
>>
>> Cool, thanks Marc.  Hopefully that'll take care of most of the
>> occurrences of it.
>>

> Just curious, but having done that once before changing all the justin@ to
> webmaster@, which directory were you making changes on ?

/usr/local/www/techdocs.postgresql.org/www/local.php was the file I edited

----