http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/contact

From
Robert Treat
Date:
I think we need to put the generic press@ email listed up at the top of the
press contacts page, and possibly even Josh and Bruces emails as well, since
they are the two people who generally coordinate press coverage for
postgresql.   Will someone claim they are offended if we move the USA to the
top of the list?  Otherwise I guess we could add a new paragraph listing them
as general press coordinators.  Anyone have strong feelings about this ?

--
Robert Treat

Re: http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/contact

From
Emily Boyd
Date:
Robert Treat wrote:
> I think we need to put the generic press@ email listed up at the top of the
> press contacts page, and possibly even Josh and Bruces emails as well, since
> they are the two people who generally coordinate press coverage for
> postgresql.   Will someone claim they are offended if we move the USA to the
> top of the list?  Otherwise I guess we could add a new paragraph listing them
> as general press coordinators.  Anyone have strong feelings about this ?

Already fixed, just hadn't committed the change yet.

Should show up on postgresql.org in a few hours.

Emily

Re: http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/contact

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Am Dienstag, 4. Januar 2005 14:48 schrieb Robert Treat:
> I think we need to put the generic press@ email listed up at the top of the
> press contacts page, and possibly even Josh and Bruces emails as well,
> since they are the two people who generally coordinate press coverage for
> postgresql.   Will someone claim they are offended if we move the USA to
> the top of the list?  Otherwise I guess we could add a new paragraph
> listing them as general press coordinators.  Anyone have strong feelings
> about this ?

Just list them twice.  Once under us@postgresql.org for regional press
contacts, and once at the top as a general contact.  Moving the USA to the
top would just confuse the issue.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/contact

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
<snip>
> Just list them twice.  Once under us@postgresql.org for regional press
> contacts, and once at the top as a general contact.  Moving the USA to the
> top would just confuse the issue.

Great suggestion Peter.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
"One who sees the invisible can do the impossible."
  + Frank Gaines

Re: http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/contact

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Peter, Justin, Robert:

> Just list them twice.  Once under us@postgresql.org for regional press
> contacts, and once at the top as a general contact.  Moving the USA to the
> top would just confuse the issue.

+1

press@postgresql.org goes to us anyway.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/contact

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
People,

BTW, in the future I'm going to be generating this page (the contacts page) by
Perl script from a pg database table.  It would be lovely to have it on a
Postgres machine instead of my computer; suggestions?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> People,
>
> BTW, in the future I'm going to be generating this page (the contacts page) by
> Perl script from a pg database table.  It would be lovely to have it on a
> Postgres machine instead of my computer; suggestions?

Hi Josh,

Pretty sure it could be hosted on any number of boxes.  If no-one else
steps up, we can set you aside something to work through.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
"One who sees the invisible can do the impossible."
  + Frank Gaines

Re: http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/contact

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> People,
>
> BTW, in the future I'm going to be generating this page (the contacts
> page) by Perl script from a pg database table.  It would be lovely to
> have it on a Postgres machine instead of my computer; suggestions?

Probably should be included as part of the portal database itself, no?  So
that its on/accessible by the master server?

----

Date:
On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 13:10, Justin Clift wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > People,
> >
> > BTW, in the future I'm going to be generating this page (the contacts page) by
> > Perl script from a pg database table.  It would be lovely to have it on a
> > Postgres machine instead of my computer; suggestions?
>
> Hi Josh,
>
> Pretty sure it could be hosted on any number of boxes.  If no-one else
> steps up, we can set you aside something to work through.

Um... why wouldn't we just add it to the portal database we currently
use to generate the site?

Robert Treat

Re: http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/contact

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Robert Treat wrote:
<snip>
> Um... why wouldn't we just add it to the portal database we currently
> use to generate the site?

Good question, and it's probably a decent place for it.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift