Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Server unreliability

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> We have been talking about a new web page layout for years at this
>>> point.  I almost don't care if they just put a dancing bear
>> up on the
>>> web site.  Let's do something!
>>
>> I'd suggest finding some money to sponsor somebody full-time
>> for a month to accomplish the migration to the new web
>> structure, which is more-or-less
>> finished.   That's what's holding us up right now AFAIK.
>
> What kind of work is required for this, precisely? Is it coding, or just
> moving plain content over? If it's just plain content, how much work
> would it be to make an interface so several different people can do just
> a couple of pages each in a fully distributed way?

I *believe* that this was one of hte reasons we looked at Bricolage awhile
back, no?

----

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Server unreliability

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Marc,

> I *believe* that this was one of hte reasons we looked at Bricolage awhile
> back, no?

Well, no.   Bricolage was (and is) considered just for Techdocs.   The holdup
there was:
1) getting a Mason expert volunteer to do the template design (we've had one
offer), and
2) waiting for the new www.postgresql.org design to be completed to integrate
with.

However, Bric was not considered for the main site.   For more details, read
the archives of the WWW list.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions