Time for a separate training section?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
It seems that most of the events lately are training courses.  That's
great of course.  But the "real" events are getting kind of lost on the
web site.  Some people date their event over 6 months, so it always
stays on top and the real upcoming events never move up.  And some
training courses are repeating, but that can't be reflected accurately.
Maybe training courses should be listed in a different section with a
slightly different arrangement?

Re: Time for a separate training section?

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 18:04, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> It seems that most of the events lately are training courses.  That's
> great of course.  But the "real" events are getting kind of lost on the
> web site.  Some people date their event over 6 months, so it always
> stays on top and the real upcoming events never move up.  And some
> training courses are repeating, but that can't be reflected accurately.
> Maybe training courses should be listed in a different section with a
> slightly different arrangement?

I would be for it. Alexy, how difficult is this to do in the
next-generation site?

Robert Treat

Re: Time for a separate training section?

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi,

Robert Treat wrote:
>>It seems that most of the events lately are training courses.  That's
>>great of course.  But the "real" events are getting kind of lost on the
>>web site.  Some people date their event over 6 months, so it always
>>stays on top and the real upcoming events never move up.  And some
>>training courses are repeating, but that can't be reflected accurately.
>>Maybe training courses should be listed in a different section with a
>>slightly different arrangement?
>
> I would be for it. Alexy, how difficult is this to do in the
> next-generation site?

It depends. Do we need a completely different approach from the events,
or will we live with a pair of radiobuttons: event / training?

P.S. I am "Alexy" and our favourite database is "Postgre".