Re: Promoting PostgreSQL to the world.

Date:
Hey, www guys, here is a merchandizing request.  Thanks.

Federico Lara wrote:
> Hello Mr.Momjian,
> I noticed on your site(http://store.pgsql.com/)
> That you are selling "officially licensed PostgreSQL apparel".
>
> In the next 2 months, my company (mayopi.com)is starting an
> online apparel and merchandise shop called "SourceWear" and are
> very interested in supporting the "PostgreSQL Global Development
> Group" with a percentage of the proceeds from sales of apparel
> and other merchandise containing the "PostgreSQL" logo(s).
>
> Whom may I speak to in regards to obtaining the proper
> merchandising License from the "PostgreSQL Global Development
> Group".
>

> Thank you for your attention and consideration,
>

> Federico Lara ViCaDi
> CEO/Dream Weaver
> The Mayopi Co., LLC
> 1-877-476-6256
> f@mayopi.com
> www.mayopi.com

Re: Promoting PostgreSQL to the world.

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Bruce,

> Hey, www guys, here is a merchandizing request.  Thanks.

I don't think the Web list is appropriate for this ... I'll take it to Core
and Foundation.    If we're not hosting it, what does merchandizing have to
do with the WWW?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Promoting PostgreSQL to the world.

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > Hey, www guys, here is a merchandizing request.  Thanks.
>
> I don't think the Web list is appropriate for this ... I'll take it to Core
> and Foundation.    If we're not hosting it, what does merchandizing have to
> do with the WWW?

It is use of the logo, which I thought was under www control, but maybe
not.  Who is the foundation anyway?  They are just for marketing.  Do
they control the logo?

Re: Promoting PostgreSQL to the world.

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Bruce,

> It is use of the logo, which I thought was under www control, but maybe
> not.  Who is the foundation anyway?  They are just for marketing.  Do
> they control the logo?

Oh!  I was thinking of the money, actually.  If they're going to give us  % of
sales, it has to go somewhere.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Promoting PostgreSQL to the world.

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> It is use of the logo, which I thought was under www control, but
> maybe not.  Who is the foundation anyway?  They are just for
> marketing.  Do they control the logo?

The question what copyright and trademark licenses, if any, the logo has
would be useful to resolve.  As I recall it, it was originally only
used by PostgreSQL, Inc.  What kind of permission, if any, do we have
from them?

Re: Promoting PostgreSQL to the world.

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > It is use of the logo, which I thought was under www control, but maybe
> > not.  Who is the foundation anyway?  They are just for marketing.  Do
> > they control the logo?
>
> Oh!  I was thinking of the money, actually.  If they're going to give us  % of
> sales, it has to go somewhere.

I didn't think they had to give us money for using our logo.

Re: Promoting PostgreSQL to the world.

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Bruce,
> >
> > > It is use of the logo, which I thought was under www control, but maybe
> > > not.  Who is the foundation anyway?  They are just for marketing.  Do
> > > they control the logo?
> >
> > Oh!  I was thinking of the money, actually.  If they're going to give us  % of
> > sales, it has to go somewhere.
>
> I didn't think they had to give us money for using our logo.

Nope, they don't, they were offering to give it, which should, in reality,
go to the marketing efforts of Josh and gang ...

----

Date:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > It is use of the logo, which I thought was under www control, but
> > maybe not.  Who is the foundation anyway?  They are just for
> > marketing.  Do they control the logo?
>
> The question what copyright and trademark licenses, if any, the logo has
> would be useful to resolve.  As I recall it, it was originally only
> used by PostgreSQL, Inc.  What kind of permission, if any, do we have
> from them?

Same as has always been giving ... feel free to use it unless for
malicious purposes ...

----