putting up modified 'portal'

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

It seems to be a consensus here that I'm not respectable enough to be
given access to CVS and/or servers. Fine with me, but as there *are*
people interested in the changes I did, then someone else has to put
them up.

Is there a person with a little bit of free time, access to pgweb CVS
and development server to whom I can send the changed code? I'd suggest
putting it on a separate branch in CVS to not break the current working
code, the amount of changes done make it difficult to work without
version control.

Thanks in advance.

Re: putting up modified 'portal'

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Post a URL of the patch to apply?  That one of us can download

----

Re: putting up modified 'portal'

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Post a URL of the patch to apply?  That one of us can download

The code that runs on
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg/
can be downloaded from
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg.tar.gz

Although there are some hacks there (as I don't have gborg database and
can't run the code from website's root) and a lot of commented out code.
  I'll probably prepare a cleaner version tomorrow or a day after this.

Re: putting up modified 'portal'

From
"Andreas Grabmüller"
Date:
I've now applied your new code (please note I have not changed anything so your hacks do still exist).

However, I don't think it makes much sense to work this way. As it seems we can't give Alexey access to only one single
module,what about creating a new project on gborg (postgresql.org 3.0 or something like that) where we can play without
affectinganything on the current website?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Andreas Grabmüller

----- Original-Nachricht -----

--
LetzPlay.de
| Freemail:       http://www.letzplay.de/mail
| Forenhosting: http://www.letzplay.de/foren

Re: putting up modified 'portal'

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

Andreas Grabmüller wrote:
> I've now applied your new code (please note I have not changed anything so your hacks do still exist).

Ouch. I didn't realise there were that many unnecessary files in the archive I
posted, sorry. :]

Right now I'm working with Marc on putting up this code on a dev server, when it
finally works it will be a much cleaner and hack-free version.

> However, I don't think it makes much sense to work this way. As it seems we can't give Alexey access to only one
singlemodule, what about creating a new project on gborg (postgresql.org 3.0 or something like that) where we can play
withoutaffecting anything on the current website?

That would be great.

Re: putting up modified 'portal'

From
"Dave Page"

No. There is no need for a new project. Once Alexey has proven himself as *everyone* has to (including myself), then we
willgive him CVS write access. Until then patches may be produced against CVS and applied by one of us.

One of the things I will be doing at some point is reworking things to update from CVS during site builds so from then
onwe will all work in scratch copies and commit changes to CVS (unlike currently when some of us work in the live
version).Working this way will mean that CVS write access will have to be as tightly controlled as write access to the
docrootitself.

Regards, Dave.

Upgraded Site..any news ?

From
David Costa
Date:
Hello Everyone,
Just curious, is there any progress with the upgraded site proposed by
Alexey with the correct mirror redirection et all ?

Another suggestion, wouldn't be worth to change the look and feel for
http://store.pgsql.com/  ?

I am pretty done with the gborg, main news, events feeds. Next step
could be some of the mailing lists.

Ta muchly

David

Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

David Costa wrote:
> Just curious, is there any progress with the upgraded site proposed by
> Alexey with the correct mirror redirection et all ?

Er, the site was kinda uploaded to http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ but
Marc had some problems setting up mod_rewrite for this and thus it does not
quite work unless you call system/handler.php directly:
http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php

Meanwhile I was going to borrow some code from Horde for cleaner gettext()
management and produce a clean patch for the current CVS version of 'portal'.
There are some problems now, like me being employed in a project and a harddrive
crash, but I hope to continue work this weekend/next week.

Hopefully Marc will be able to fix mod_rewrite, too.

Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

From
David Costa
Date:
On Feb 26, 2004, at 9:48 PM, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> David Costa wrote:
>> Just curious, is there any progress with the upgraded site proposed
>> by Alexey with the correct mirror redirection et all ?
>
> Er, the site was kinda uploaded to
> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ but Marc had some problems
> setting up mod_rewrite for this and thus it does not quite work unless
> you call system/handler.php directly:
> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php

I see, I was interested in the downloads redirection but doesn't work
yet. I guess the other main change on that page is localization right ?

> Meanwhile I was going to borrow some code from Horde for cleaner
> gettext() management and produce a clean patch for the current CVS
> version of 'portal'. There are some problems now, like me being
> employed in a project and a harddrive crash, but I hope to continue
> work this weekend/next week.

No problem, let me know if you need some help. BTW you worked on
HTTP_Quickform right ? It rocks big time.

> Hopefully Marc will be able to fix mod_rewrite, too.

Not sure why you need that but I am sure there is a good reason :D

Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

David Costa wrote:
>>> Just curious, is there any progress with the upgraded site proposed
>>> by Alexey with the correct mirror redirection et all ?
>>

>> Er, the site was kinda uploaded to
>> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ but Marc had some problems
>> setting up mod_rewrite for this and thus it does not quite work unless
>> you call system/handler.php directly:
>> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php
>
> I see, I was interested in the downloads redirection but doesn't work
> yet.

You mean the "closest mirrors" thing? It kinda works:
http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php?page=download

> I guess the other main change on that page is localization right ?

Yes. Index page in Russian:
http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php?page=index&lang=ru

>> Meanwhile I was going to borrow some code from Horde for cleaner
>> gettext() management and produce a clean patch for the current CVS
>> version of 'portal'. There are some problems now, like me being
>> employed in a project and a harddrive crash, but I hope to continue
>> work this weekend/next week.
>
> No problem, let me know if you need some help.

I'll probably need some help after the cleaner patch will be in CVS. I'll post
the info in the maillist.

> BTW you worked on HTTP_Quickform right ? It rocks big time.

It is HTML_QuickForm, not HTTP. ;

I was going to use it for form handling on the site, that's good that you know it.

>> Hopefully Marc will be able to fix mod_rewrite, too.
>
> Not sure why you need that but I am sure there is a good reason :D

The whole (dynamic) site is dispatched through system/handler.php script,
mod_rewrite is used to redirect "virtual" pages to it.

Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

From
David Costa
Date:
On Feb 26, 2004, at 10:28 PM, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Hi!

>>> Er, the site was kinda uploaded to
>>> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ but Marc had some problems
>>> setting up mod_rewrite for this and thus it does not quite work
>>> unless you call system/handler.php directly:
>>> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php
>> I see, I was interested in the downloads redirection but doesn't work
>> yet.
>
> You mean the "closest mirrors" thing? It kinda works:
> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php?page=download

very sweet

>> I guess the other main change on that page is localization right ?
>
> Yes. Index page in Russian:
> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php?
> page=index&lang=ru

very nice, kudos

> I'll probably need some help after the cleaner patch will be in CVS.
> I'll post the info in the maillist.
>
>> BTW you worked on HTTP_Quickform right ? It rocks big time.
>
> It is HTML_QuickForm, not HTTP. ;

Sorry, It was a long day and I am trying to fix some bugs on
HTTP-upload.
I started to use html-form few weeks ago and I am writing a short
article about it.

> I was going to use it for form handling on the site, that's good that
> you know it.
>
>>> Hopefully Marc will be able to fix mod_rewrite, too.
>> Not sure why you need that but I am sure there is a good reason :D
>
> The whole (dynamic) site is dispatched through system/handler.php
> script, mod_rewrite is used to redirect "virtual" pages to it.

Great, thanks again for your contribution.

Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

From
David Costa

>> It is HTML_QuickForm, not HTTP. ;
>>
> Sorry, It was a long day and I am trying to fix some bugs on
> HTTP-upload.
> I started to use html-form few weeks ago and I am writing a short
> article about it.

OMG Twice :D I meant HTML_QuickForm..not the simple html-form :)
sorry ..

David