awstats updating daily

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
http://www.postgresql.org/awstats.pl?config=<domain>

where domain is:

advocacy.postgresql.org
www.postgresql.org
techdocs.postgresql.org

stats run runs at ~04:30AST to update them ...

I'm only sending it to these two lists because I'm not sure if we want to
"advertise" the URLs ... with awstats, each time you hit the URL, it has
to recalculate the graphs (its not static), so does put a load on the
server ...

----

Re: awstats updating daily

From
Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai
Date:
-On [20040115 22:32], Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@hub.org) wrote:
>I'm only sending it to these two lists because I'm not sure if we want to
>"advertise" the URLs ... with awstats, each time you hit the URL, it has
>to recalculate the graphs (its not static), so does put a load on the
>server ...

It has two modes, from what I remember back when I used v4, dynamic and
static:

- use the perl script to automatically generate the figures and facts,
  like you said, it is cool, but resource intensive
- use the perl script to calculate everything and store those files for
  retrieval by browsers, so the updates are from day to day

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
Don't try to find the Answer where there ain't no Question here...

Re: awstats updating daily

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

> -On [20040115 22:32], Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@hub.org) wrote:
> >I'm only sending it to these two lists because I'm not sure if we want to
> >"advertise" the URLs ... with awstats, each time you hit the URL, it has
> >to recalculate the graphs (its not static), so does put a load on the
> >server ...
>
> It has two modes, from what I remember back when I used v4, dynamic and
> static:
>
> - use the perl script to automatically generate the figures and facts,
>   like you said, it is cool, but resource intensive
> - use the perl script to calculate everything and store those files for
>   retrieval by browsers, so the updates are from day to day

ya, but the thing I don't like about the 'static' is that unless you
really want to play with the config settings, its 'the current month' only
... the dynamic lets you see previous months ...

----

Re: awstats updating daily

From
Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai
Date:
-On [20040116 06:43], Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@postgresql.org) wrote:
>ya, but the thing I don't like about the 'static' is that unless you
>really want to play with the config settings, its 'the current month' only
>... the dynamic lets you see previous months ...

Ahh, that's the catch.

Mmm, I'm sure that's easily solved.
I'll get back to you on this, since I need to do this stuff for work as
well. :)