FTP stats

From
Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai
Date:
Btw guys,

ever thought about using vsftpd for the ftp?  (vsftpd.beasts.org)

Has one of the best throughput results as well as no known exploits in
its history.

Combine this with its xfer log files and the newer AWStats and you have
detailed statistics of the FTP transfers.

Just some thoughts (doing stuff like this at work, Epson, where drivers
are downloaded in gigantic quantities).

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
Don't try to find the Answer where there ain't no Question here...

Re: FTP stats

From
"Dave Page"

We don't control any of the advertised download sites so cannot dictate
what is used on them.

Regards, Dave.

Re: FTP stats

From
Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai
Date:
-On [20040115 09:42], Dave Page (dpage@vale-housing.co.uk) wrote:
>We don't control any of the advertised download sites so cannot dictate
>what is used on them.

I thought the main site was, hence my comments...

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
Don't try to find the Answer where there ain't no Question here...

Re: FTP stats

From
"Dave Page"

The main site is, but it isn't advertised anywhere unless there's a
major problem. The number of ftp downloads from it is negligible and can
be counted easily with grep.

Regards Dave.