Jobs, South Park and PostgreSQL

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
Hi all!

I just saw on Ars Technica that the South Park crew is looking for a
senior admin that knows, among other things, PostgreSQL. South Park may
not compare to, say, Fujitsu, but I thought people might like to know.

http://arstechnica.com/wankerdesk/03q2/southpark.html

Do you think people would be interested if I wrote up a short piece
about how South Park uses Postrgres? (Whether or not they respond to a
request for an interview is another thing.)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: Jobs, South Park and PostgreSQL

Date:
Michael Glaesemann wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I just saw on Ars Technica that the South Park crew is looking for a
> senior admin that knows, among other things, PostgreSQL. South Park may
> not compare to, say, Fujitsu, but I thought people might like to know.
>
> http://arstechnica.com/wankerdesk/03q2/southpark.html
>
> Do you think people would be interested if I wrote up a short piece
> about how South Park uses Postrgres? (Whether or not they respond to a
> request for an interview is another thing.)

That would be nice.  I heard they were using it around 1999, I think, to
track the illustrations.

Re: Jobs, South Park and PostgreSQL

From
"Marc G. Fournier"

definitely be a "plus case study", I think, for the advocacy side ...

----

Re: Jobs, South Park and PostgreSQL

From
"Dave Page"

Cool, that would be nice. Have you ever seen the South Park PostgreSQL
wallpaper that's knocking about someplace (Oh my God, we killed
Oracle!)?

Regards, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:
> > I just saw on Ars Technica that the South Park crew is
> > looking for a senior admin that knows, among other things,
> > PostgreSQL. South Park may not compare to, say, Fujitsu, but
> > I thought people might like to know.
> >
> > http://arstechnica.com/wankerdesk/03q2/southpark.html
> >
> > Do you think people would be interested if I wrote up a short
> > piece about how South Park uses Postrgres? (Whether or not
> > they respond to a request for an interview is another thing.)
>
> Cool, that would be nice. Have you ever seen the South Park PostgreSQL
> wallpaper that's knocking about someplace (Oh my God, we killed
> Oracle!)?

No, I would like to see that.

Re: Jobs, South Park and PostgreSQL

From
"Dave Page"

http://developer.postgresql.org/~dpage/southpostgresql_1024x768.jpg

It's been slightly compressed - if you want the best quality version let
me know though there's not a great deal of difference.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Jobs, South Park and PostgreSQL

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Guys,

I'm replying this to Robert Bernier, who's volunteer-in-charge of case study
stuff.

> I just saw on Ars Technica that the South Park crew is looking for a
> senior admin that knows, among other things, PostgreSQL. South Park may
> not compare to, say, Fujitsu, but I thought people might like to know.
>
> http://arstechnica.com/wankerdesk/03q2/southpark.html
>
> Do you think people would be interested if I wrote up a short piece
> about how South Park uses Postrgres? (Whether or not they respond to a
> request for an interview is another thing.)
>
> Michael Glaesemann
> grzm myrealbox com

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions