schema.table.column syntax no longer supported?

From
Matthew Bellew
Date:
[TEST REPORT]
[Release]: 9.0Alpha4
[Test Type]: Application
[Test]: SELECT w/ schema qualified table name
[Platform]: Snow Leopard
[Parameters]:
[Failure]: comptibility issue, fails under 9.0 works 8.x
[Results]:

  create schema S;
  create table S.T (x int, y int);
  select S.T.* from S.T;

results in this error
  ERROR:  invalid reference to FROM-clause entry for table "t"

This was hit while trying to install a server (www.labkey.org).  The
install scripts had dozens of failures of this type under 9.0Alpha4.
INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE had variations on this error message.

[Comments]:

Re: schema.table.column syntax no longer supported?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
> This was hit while trying to install a server (www.labkey.org).  The
> install scripts had dozens of failures of this type under 9.0Alpha4.
> INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE had variations on this error message.

Thanks, will see if I can replicate.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: schema.table.column syntax no longer supported?

From
Steve Singer
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
>> This was hit while trying to install a server (www.labkey.org).  The
>> install scripts had dozens of failures of this type under 9.0Alpha4.
>> INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE had variations on this error message.
>
> Thanks, will see if I can replicate.

I can replicate this as well with a recent cvs/git build.

CREATE TABLE a(a int4);
CREATE TABLE b(b int4);
UPDATE public.a SET a=1 FROM public.b  WHERE public.a.a=public.b.b;

will replicate this issue

It works fine in 8.4

--
Steve Singer
Afilias Canada

Re: schema.table.column syntax no longer supported?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Steve,

That's a bug alright.  Raising it on -hackers.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.