GSOC 2015: Implement WAL logging for hash indexes

From
Max Shegai
Date:
Hello, everybody!

My name is Max Shegai. I'm pursuing master's degree in Lomonosov Moscow State University, department of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, master's program "Technologies of parallel programming and high performance computing".

I want to participate in "Implement WAL logging for hash indexes" project. I discovered that this feature is staying unimplemented for more than a year, that means that community doesn't find it very useful. But still I find this idea interesting and believe that it is a good start for me as a GSoC student.

I have some experience in C/C++ programming, concurrency, highload.

I have basic understanding of this idea, but I can't estimate it's complexity and amount of required work. I hope you can provide me some details about this feature.

Your sincerely,
Max Shegai