Google mentor summit?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
SoC mentors,

Google plans on throwing a "mentor summit" this fall.   It would be good if
someone who was *actually* a mentor could go (i.e. not me) but if nobody
can afford the time to go to silicon valley, then I can go in your place.
http://groups.google.com/group/gsoc-2006-mentor-summit-administration-list/browse_thread/thread/2e6bd5c4cc68fc2e

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Google mentor summit?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Peter, Jonah, Robert, etc:

Hello?   Are we going to have nobody from PostgreSQL at the Google thing?
They'll pay for airfare, as I understand it ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Google mentor summit?

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Friday 29 September 2006 14:10, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Peter, Jonah, Robert, etc:
>
> Hello?   Are we going to have nobody from PostgreSQL at the Google thing?
> They'll pay for airfare, as I understand it ...

FYI I've signed up for delegate #1.  Simon, Peter?  If one of you doesn't go
I'll probably get stuck hanging out with Berkus.... come on guys ;-)

--
Robert Treat

Re: Google mentor summit?

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 19:57 -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Friday 29 September 2006 14:10, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Peter, Jonah, Robert, etc:
> >
> > Hello?   Are we going to have nobody from PostgreSQL at the Google thing?
> > They'll pay for airfare, as I understand it ...
>
> FYI I've signed up for delegate #1.  Simon, Peter?  If one of you doesn't go
> I'll probably get stuck hanging out with Berkus.... come on guys ;-)

Love to go, but its in Mountain View, so about 24 hour round-trip just
to get there and back... not compelling enough for me, sorry guys.

One good thing: GSoC will be early in 8.4 cycle so Google's support will
be most welcome. I'll even volunteer to be a Mentor again (if
you'll/they'll have me) now that mentoring will be at a quieter time.

--
  Simon Riggs

Re: Google mentor summit?

From
"Jonah H. Harris"
Date:
On 9/29/06, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Hello?   Are we going to have nobody from PostgreSQL at the Google thing?
> They'll pay for airfare, as I understand it ...

Where's the signup for it?  I'll talk to Denis and see if it's all good to go.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1300
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301