Compare two Data bases Structure

From
manuel antonio ochoa
Date:
How Can I do to compare two structures of data bases ? <br /><br />DBA  != DBB I need wich functions and wich tables

Re: Compare two Data bases Structure

From
"Plugge, Joe R."
Date:
Check out DB Solo ...

http://www.dbsolo.com/

Does both DDL compare as well as data compare.

________________________________
From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org [pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of manuel antonio ochoa
[manuel8aalfaro@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:03 PM
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: [SQL] Compare two Data bases Structure

How Can I do to compare two structures of data bases ?

DBA  != DBB I need wich functions and wich tables are not equals

thnks

Re: Compare two Data bases Structure

From
Piotr Czekalski
Date:
W dniu 2011-02-24 01:03, manuel antonio ochoa pisze:
> How Can I do to compare two structures of data bases ?
>
> DBA  != DBB I need wich functions and wich tables are not equals
>
> thnks

I'd advise SQL Power Architect - very handy tool with graphical DB
design capability.
Will compare your databases and even generate suitable SQL script on
demand, updating older database to look as a new one (or oposite).
This tool is also able to compare project vs database or database vs
generation script.
Supports not only PostgreSQL but many other databases.

It is Java based solution.

http://www.sqlpower.ca

Regards,

Piotr

P.S. AFAIK release 0.9.15 was free of charge for personal use.

"TECHBAZA.PL" Sp. z o.o.
Technologie WEB, eDB&  eCommerce
Oddział Gliwice
ul. Chorzowska 50
44-100 Gliwice
tel. (+4832) 7186081
fax. (+4832) 7003289

Re: Compare two Data bases Structure

From
Vibhor Kumar
Date:
On Feb 24, 2011, at 5:33 AM, manuel antonio ochoa wrote:

> How Can I do to compare two structures of data bases ?
>
> DBA  != DBB I need wich functions and wich tables are not equals
>
> thnks

You can try with apgdiff.
http://apgdiff.startnet.biz/

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor

Re: Compare two Data bases Structure

From
Isaac Dover
Date:
class="gmail_quote">>How Can I do to compare two structures of data bases ?<br />> <br />> DBA != DBB I need

Re: Compare two Data bases Structure

From
Isaac Dover
Date:
Select from information_schema.columns and full outer join it again on the table and column names, then just look for nulls on either side. You'll need to alias the left and right views differently. I'm assuming that the dbs are next to each other in the same installation. Once the base query is working, you can filter further on the column types. It's pretty simple as long as you understand joins.

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 10:30 AM, manuel antonio ochoa <manuel8aalfaro@gmail.com> wrote:

How can I do that ? I dont know how to use the query !! ?

As an alternative to the other tools - I've had luck using a simple query that uses information schema.