effectiveness tool

From
Judith Altamirano
Date:
Hello everybody!!
  I just want to know if there be some tool to analize the performance
of a query, I mean to qualify the effectiveness, speed, if I have the
correct indexes.
  Hope somebody can help me....
 Thanks in advanced!!

Re: effectiveness tool

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On Tuesday 14 October 2008 3:34:53 pm Judith Altamirano wrote:
> Hello everybody!!
>
>    I just want to know if there be some tool to analize the performance
> of a query, I mean to qualify the effectiveness, speed, if I have the
> correct indexes.
>
>    Hope somebody can help me....
>
>   Thanks in advanced!!

Take a look at:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/sql-explain.html
and:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/using-explain.html
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Re: effectiveness tool

From
"Scott Marlowe"
Date:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Judith Altamirano
<jaltamirano@correolux.com.mx> wrote:
> Hello everybody!!
>
>  I just want to know if there be some tool to analize the performance of a
> query, I mean to qualify the effectiveness, speed, if I have the correct

Google pg fouine.

Re: effectiveness tool

From
"Stefano Buliani"
Date:
Your best bet is probably EXPLAIN ANALYZE. This should give you a better
idea of where the inefficiencies are in your queries. The only way to make
it more accurate is, as far as I know, increasing the number of rows
postgresql samples from each table during the vacuum.

Stefano

Stefano Buliani
Covestor
email: stefano@covestor.com
mobile: +44 (0) 7766295328

This message is intended solely for the recipient(s) to whom it is
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disclose,
distribute or copy this email.  Please notify the sender immediately and
delete this email from your system.