Part 1 of several - Converting a varchar to an interval

From
Shawn
Date:
Hello,

I have several large tables, over 100 million records each.  One of the fields
is callee 'duration'.  It is a varchar that contains what is essentially an
integer that is the duration of an event in milleseconds.  Could someone tell
me a simple way to convert a value such as 134987 stored in a varchar into an
interval?

This will dovetail with my next question.

Thanks for all the help both now and previous.

Shawn

Re: Part 1 of several - Converting a varchar to an interval

From
Shawn
Date:
On Wednesday 26 March 2008 16:16:57 you wrote:
> select ('134987'::int/1000.00) * interval ' 1 second' ;
>    ?column?
>  00:02:14.987
> (1 row)

Thanks Adrian!