error dropping operator

From
"Sabin Coanda"
Date:
Hi there,

I don't have experience with operators. I built one and when I tried to drop
it I got th efollowing error: cannot drop operator ... because it is
required by the database system.

How do I drop it please ?

TIA,
Sabin

Re: error dropping operator

Date:
"Sabin Coanda" <sabin.coanda@deuromedia.ro> writes:
> I don't have experience with operators. I built one and when I tried to drop
> it I got th efollowing error: cannot drop operator ... because it is
> required by the database system.

> How do I drop it please ?

Well, you need to drop *your* operator, not the similarly named built-in
one which is evidently what you tried to do.  You have to watch out for
search_path gotchas here --- most likely, you need to specify the schema
containing your operator explicitly.
        regards, tom lane