linux

From
Mohd Ghalib Akhtar
Date:
how to download linux 7.3 image file(means os) ?

Take care
Mohd.Ghalib Akhtar
(India.M)9899868681
(Africa.M) +255787896861

----- Original Message ----
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
Cc: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 9:15:20 PM
Subject: Re: [SQL] Database system identifier from SQL

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
>>> Is there a way to query the database system identifier that
>>> pg_controldata outputs from SQL?
>>
>> Don't think so.  Do you have a use-case for providing a function to
>> return that?

> I'd like to find out whether two connections are really to the same
> server.

Hmm.  Seems a bit of an odd case, but on the other hand there might be
applications for it in connection with management of backups and
WAL-shipping and so forth.  I have no objection to adding a function.

                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

Re: linux

From
"A. Kretschmer"
Date:
am  Wed, dem 11.07.2007, um  6:04:51 -0700 mailte Mohd Ghalib Akhtar folgendes:
> how to download linux 7.3 image file(means os) ?

Please wait some years, the current stable linux version is 2.6.22.1. I
inform you when Linux 7.3 is available...

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: linux

From
"Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Date:
On 7/12/07, Mohd Ghalib Akhtar <md_ghalib@yahoo.com> wrote:
> how to download linux 7.3 image file(means os) ?
Please, for the sake of people who use mailing systems
that support threading .... start a new mail for a new topic.
Don't just respond to one you spotted and change the subject.

Highly irritating.

Cheers,
Andrej

how to download linux 7.3 image

From
Jean-David Beyer
Date:
Mohd Ghalib Akhtar wrote:
> how to download linux 7.3 image file(means os) ?

It is not clear to me what you are trying to do. If you wish to download the
.iso files for Red Hat Linux 7.3, it has nothing to do with this mailing list.
Furthermore, RHL 7.3 has been discontinued for several years and is no
longer supported. It is obsolete.

If you want a Red Hat looking product, you should consider running the
latest version of Fedora.

If you really want an Enterprise version of linux, the current one from Red
Hat is called Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.

OTOH, if you want a version of postgreSQL that will run on RHL 7.3, that
might be a problem since the current versions of postgreSQL probably all
demand a much newer kernel (RHL 7.3 used a 2.2 kernel, IIRC) and associated
libraries.

--  .~.  Jean-David Beyer          Registered Linux User 85642. /V\  PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A         Registered Machine
241939./()\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey    http://counter.li.org^^-^^ 17:55:01 up 14 days, 12 min, 2 users, load average:
4.22,4.17, 4.17

Re: how to download linux 7.3 image

From
Aarni Ruuhimäki
Date:
On Monday 23 July 2007 01:03, Jean-David Beyer wrote:
> Mohd Ghalib Akhtar wrote:
> > how to download linux 7.3 image file(means os) ?

> If you want a Red Hat looking product, you should consider running the
> latest version of Fedora.

You might also want to try CentOs, 'an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution
derived from sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North
American Enterprise Linux vendor.'

Their latest release comes with PostgreSQL 8.1

BR,

Aarni
--
Aarni Ruuhimäki