auto vacuuming

From
Sumeet
Date:
Hi all is there a way i can find if the pg_autovacuum module is installed on my server??<br />The postgres version im
usingis 8.1.4<br />I tried searching the contrib module and dint see the pg_autovacuum directory there<br />I checked m

Re: auto vacuuming

From
Alvaro Herrera
Sumeet escribió:
> Hi all is there a way i can find if the pg_autovacuum module is installed on
> my server??
> The postgres version im using is 8.1.4
> I tried searching the contrib module and dint see the pg_autovacuum
> directory there

pg_autovacuum no longer exists.  Autovacuum is now integrated into the
core.  So the way to find if it's installed is "yes".

Re: auto vacuuming

From
Sumeet
Date:
Then do i need to still provide the auto vacumming options in the postgres.conf file or these options are automatically taken care of.

Thanks,
Sumeet.

--
Alvaro Herrera                                 http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

Sumeet Ambre
Master of Information Science Candidate,
Indiana University.

Re: auto vacuuming

From
Alvaro Herrera
Sumeet escribió:
> Then do i need to still provide the auto vacumming options in the
> postgres.conf file or these options are automatically taken care of.

You have to enable the autovacuum setting in postgresql.conf.  It is not
enabled by default.