Permissions Query?

From
paallen@attglobal.net
Date:
Hi all,

still working on dabo a bit. Thanks for all the
earlier suggestions, they are working well.

I now want to know if the user/role has permision
to the schema.table.

How do I query to pgsql to know what permissions a
particular user has on the table?

I was thinking something along the lines of a
query that maybe produces results like this.

schematable    p_select p_delete p_all p_update ..
public.tbl1       1        0       0      0
public.tbl2       1        1       1      1
public.tbl        0        0       0      1

I am intersted to see if I can filter what
tables/schemas are avaliable to the user to avoid
error messages due to permissions.
thanks,
Phil

Re: Permissions Query?

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 07:11:00PM +0000, paallen@attglobal.net wrote:
> I now want to know if the user/role has permision
> to the schema.table.
>
> How do I query to pgsql to know what permissions a
> particular user has on the table?

Start here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/functions-info.html#FUNCTIONS-INFO-ACCESS-TABLE

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?    --attr. John Maynard Keynes