how is searchable email archive on

From
Jacob Costello
Date:
Can anyone tell me how the searchable email archive on the postgres site
is implemented.  Is postgres used as part of the back end ?

Has anyone tried using a postgres based solution for archiving email for
regulatory purposes ?

Jake Costello

Re: how is searchable email archive on

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Jacob Costello wrote:

> Has anyone tried using a postgres based solution for archiving email for
> regulatory purposes ?

I don't know about regulatory purposes, but the Oryx software is
designed for that: http://www.oryx.com (or .net, don't remember)

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org
"Industry suffers from the managerial dogma that for the sake of stability

Re: how is searchable email archive on

From
Achilleus Mantzios
Date:
O Alvaro Herrera έγραψε στις Jan 31, 2006 :

> Jacob Costello wrote:
>
> > Has anyone tried using a postgres based solution for archiving email for
> > regulatory purposes ?
>
> I don't know about regulatory purposes, but the Oryx software is
> designed for that: http://www.oryx.com (or .net, don't remember)

Yukatan data model + utility is also a very good and comprehensive
way to model RFC 2822 mail messages.

--
-Achilleus