Article on Oracle & MySQL in E-week

From
Wendell Anderson
Date:
You are quite incorrect in stating that MySQL can now claim "parity" with
PostgreSQL through it's release of version 5.0.

Knowledgeable database experts and administrators who are famiiar with
both technologies are aware of "considerable " differences that, at this
time
still accrue to postgreSQL, e.g. for one example - Object Relational
functions.

Please limit your statements to areas where you have "some" knowledge
or understanding of the subject matter.

W. Anderson
Ontario, Canada

Re: Article on Oracle & MySQL in E-week

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
On Oct 21, 2005, at 0:38 , Wendell Anderson wrote:

> You are quite incorrect in stating that MySQL can now claim
> "parity" with
> PostgreSQL through it's release of version 5.0.

Mr Anderson,

Who are you writing to? cegarry(at)yahoo.com? Are you referring to
this article?

I skimmed it, but didn't see any mention of PostgreSQL. Perhaps I
missed it, or perhaps you mean another article?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com