accessing database without a persistent connection

From
"mohammad izwan ibrahim"
Date:
Hi there,

I need help on accessing few database without having a persistent connection. So far accessing via dblink still require
persistentdatabase connecttion.

Is it possible to be done by postgress..and how to acheive that

tq

Re: accessing database without a persistent connection

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 11:11:23AM +0800, mohammad izwan ibrahim wrote:

> I need help on accessing few database without having a persistent connection.

Accessing a database how?  What client application, programming
language, etc., are you using?  What are you trying to do?

> So far accessing via dblink still require persistent database connecttion.

There appear to be several pieces of software using the name
"dblink" -- which are you talking about?

It's not clear what problem you're trying to solve -- could you
please elaborate?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/