DBD::Pg on Enterprise 3

From
"Mark Fenbers"
Date:
A colleage of mine in another office has RedHat Enterprise 3 installed.
We do not have this yet, but will in the fall.  According to him, the
DBD::Pg module that has been a part of the Red Hat baseline from Redhat
7.2 (or earlier) through RH Fedora Core has been removed from RH
Enterprise 3 baseline.  Although the module is available for
installation, this causes me alarm because our agency has rules
regarding installing un-approved modules on official agency equipment.
Can anyone tell me what the facts are regarding DBD::Pg and RHEL3??

Thank you!
Mark

Attachment

Re: DBD::Pg on Enterprise 3

Date:
"Mark Fenbers" <Mark.Fenbers@noaa.gov> writes:
> A colleage of mine in another office has RedHat Enterprise 3 installed.
> We do not have this yet, but will in the fall.  According to him, the
> DBD::Pg module that has been a part of the Red Hat baseline from Redhat
> 7.2 (or earlier) through RH Fedora Core has been removed from RH
> Enterprise 3 baseline.

AFAICT it's shipped on the CDs.  It may well not be part of the minimal
installation ...
        regards, tom lane