"Money" Data Type Problem

From
sreejith s
Date:
Hai friends,
I have a field with data type 'Money' with my table. I select this
field a select query and displays the same in a textbox. While doing
this a dollar ($) is prefixed to the actual table value. How to avoid
this symbol so as to display the actual value only. Any format change
needed in config files. Pls forward me the reply.

Sreejith

Re: "Money" Data Type Problem

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, sreejith s wrote:

> Hai friends,
> I have a field with data type 'Money' with my table. I select this
> field a select query and displays the same in a textbox. While doing
> this a dollar ($) is prefixed to the actual table value. How to avoid
> this symbol so as to display the actual value only. Any format change
> needed in config files. Pls forward me the reply.

I believe money uses the currency symbol based on LC_MONETARY so there
might exist one without a symbol, however you'd probably be best off
replacing money with an appropriate numeric field.