GRANT ON all tables

From
"Nosyman"
Date:
Hi there,

I need to know how can I give privileges to all the tables in a database.
For example, I have one database named "test" .This database contains about
30 tables. I want to grant SELECT and DELETE privileges to the 'test_user'
by typing GRANT .... just once (something like GRANT SELECT, DELETE ON
all_tables TO test_user). It is possible? I search PostgreSQL docs and I
can't find out...

Thanks
Nosy

Message
sent using ITCNet free webmailer (http://www.easymail.ro)

Re: GRANT ON all tables

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 15:30:32 -0000, Nosyman <nosyman@easymail.ro> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I need to know how can I give privileges to all the tables in a database.
> For example, I have one database named "test" .This database contains about
> 30 tables. I want to grant SELECT and DELETE privileges to the 'test_user'
> by typing GRANT .... just once (something like GRANT SELECT, DELETE ON
> all_tables TO test_user). It is possible? I search PostgreSQL docs and I
> can't find out...

There is no command to do this. You can write a script that queries
the information schema and then issues a grant command for each table.