BYTEA output presentation

From
"Peter Wang"
Date:
I output the BYTEA datatype for a table in our database.
The BYTEA data look like "/031/024/001/003?/022/....".
How can I use some PostgreSQL function to remove "/" when I use select statement ?
What type of format is the BYTEA datatype? Can I output it to hexadecimal or octal format ? If you can, how ?
Or do you know any third party tool or script which can output the hexadecimal or octal format for PostgreSQL's BYTEA
datatype?
Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Peter Wang,

Re: BYTEA output presentation

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Peter Wang wrote:
> The BYTEA data look like "/031/024/001/003?/022/....".
> How can I use some PostgreSQL function to remove "/" when I use
> select statement ? What type of format is the BYTEA datatype? Can I
> output it to hexadecimal or octal format ? If you can, how ? Or do
> you know any third party tool or script which can output the
> hexadecimal or octal format for PostgreSQL's BYTEA datatype ? Your
> help is appreciated. Thank you.

libpq has functions to deal with bytea data:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/libpq-exec.html#LIBPQ-EXEC-ESCAPE-BYTEA

--
Peter Eisentraut