a query with = ALL

From
"Jaime Casanova"
Date:
Hi all,

some more info a think can be useful to probe there is somting wrong.

I pointed that the query

select cur_paralelo from rec_m_cuadropagos WHERE ent_codigo = 1 AND

sec_codigo = 1 AND
ani_codigo = '2004-2005' AND
cic_codigo = 1 AND
esp_codigo = 0 AND
cur_codigo = 1
intersect
SELECT cur_paralelo FROM aca_t_curso WHERE ent_codigo = 1 AND

sec_codigo = 1 AND
ani_codigo = '2004-2005' AND
cic_codigo = 1 AND
esp_codigo = 0 AND
cur_codigo = 1

brings 'A ', 'B ', 'C ' well when i cHange the real query

SELECT CPA.rub_codigo, RUB.rub_descripcion, CPA.cpa_valor,
CPA.cpa_fechavencimiento
FROM rec_m_cuadropagos CPA, rec_m_rubro RUB
WHERE RUB.ent_codigo = CPA.ent_codigo AND RUB.rub_codigo = CPA.rub_codigo
AND     CPA.ent_codigo = 1 AND CPA.sec_codigo = 1 AND CPA.ani_codigo =
'2004-2005' AND     CPA.cic_codigo = 1 AND CPA.esp_codigo = 0 AND CPA.cur_codigo = 1 AND     CPA.cur_paralelo = 'A '

then it brings the result that it would but when i do the same with =ALL it
doesn't work

thanx in advance,

Jaime Casanova

Re: a query with = ALL

Date:
"Jaime Casanova" <el_vigia_ec@hotmail.com> writes:
> brings 'A ', 'B ', 'C ' well when i cHange the real query

Given that you spelled it like that, I wonder whether you aren't
confused about the behavior of cross-data-type comparisons.  If
one column is char(n) and the other is text or varchar(n) then you
may get results you didn't expect.  These types have different ideas
about whether trailing blanks are significant or not.
        regards, tom lane

Re: a query with = ALL

From
"Jaime Casanova"
Date:
>"Jaime Casanova" <el_vigia_ec@hotmail.com> writes:
>>brings 'A ', 'B ', 'C ' well when i cHange the real query

>Given that you spelled it like that, I wonder whether you aren't
>confused about the behavior of cross-data-type comparisons.  If
>one column is char(n) and the other is text or varchar(n) then you
>may get results you didn't expect.  These types have different ideas
>about whether trailing blanks are significant or not.

both CPA.cur_paralelo and the cur_paralelo obtained in the subquery are
char(2) i assume there are no problem, i'm wrong?

thanx in advance,

Jaime Casanova