SQL Standatd

From
Ricardo Vaz Mannrich
Date:
In PostgreSQL documentation, there is a section "Compatibility"
(Reference -> SQL Commands -> Any command).

There, alway has something like:

The ADD COLUMN form conforms with the SQL standard...

Where can I find this "SQL standard"? What is its official site?

Thank you,

--
Ricardo Vaz Mannrich <rvm_l1@silcom.com.br>

Re: SQL Standatd

Date:
Ricardo Vaz Mannrich wrote:
> In PostgreSQL documentation, there is a section "Compatibility"
> (Reference -> SQL Commands -> Any command).
>
> There, alway has something like:
>
> The ADD COLUMN form conforms with the SQL standard...
>
> Where can I find this "SQL standard"? What is its official site?

See the developer's FAQ for URL's.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: SQL Standatd

From
Ricardo Vaz Mannrich
Date:
Thank you.

I think there is an error in the Develpoer's FAQ...

http://developer.postgresql.org/
http://developer.postgresql.org/readtext.php?src/FAQ/FAQ_DEV.html+Developers-FAQ

A lot of ugly characters.

Date:
Ricardo Vaz Mannrich wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> I think there is an error in the Develpoer's FAQ...
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/
> http://developer.postgresql.org/readtext.php?src/FAQ/FAQ_DEV.html+Developers-FAQ
>
> A lot of ugly characters.

Until we fix the web site, please see doc/src/FAQ/FAQ_DEV.html in the
source tree.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: SQL Standatd

From
Martin Marques
Date:
El Mié 07 Abr 2004 11:26, escribió:
> Ricardo Vaz Mannrich wrote:
> > Thank you.
> >
> > I think there is an error in the Develpoer's FAQ...
> >
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/readtext.php?src/FAQ/FAQ_DEV.html+Develop
> >ers-FAQ
> >
> > A lot of ugly characters.
>
> Until we fix the web site, please see doc/src/FAQ/FAQ_DEV.html in the
> source tree.

http://db.konkuk.ac.kr/present/SQL3.pdf doesn't exist anymore.

Also, for some reason I can't get to sqlstandards.org. Is there any other
place where I can get the SQL200X docs?

-- 18:11:01 up 29 days, 22:38,  2 users,  load average: 0.56, 0.53, 0.43
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'
Centro de Telematica  |  DBA, Programador, Administrador            Universidad Nacional                 del Litoral

Re: SQL Standatd

Date:
Martin Marques wrote:
> El Mi? 07 Abr 2004 11:26, escribi?:
> > Ricardo Vaz Mannrich wrote:
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > > I think there is an error in the Develpoer's FAQ...
> > >
> > > http://developer.postgresql.org/
> > > http://developer.postgresql.org/readtext.php?src/FAQ/FAQ_DEV.html+Develop
> > >ers-FAQ
> > >
> > > A lot of ugly characters.
> >
> > Until we fix the web site, please see doc/src/FAQ/FAQ_DEV.html in the
> > source tree.
>
> http://db.konkuk.ac.kr/present/SQL3.pdf doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks. Removed from FAQ_DEV.

> Also, for some reason I can't get to sqlstandards.org. Is there any other
> place where I can get the SQL200X docs?

Not sure.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: SQL Standatd

From
Joe Conway
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Martin Marques wrote:
>>Also, for some reason I can't get to sqlstandards.org. Is there any other
>>place where I can get the SQL200X docs?
>
> Not sure.

See:
http://www.wiscorp.com/sql/sql_2003_standard.zip

Joe

Re: SQL Standatd

Date:
Joe Conway wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Martin Marques wrote:
> >>Also, for some reason I can't get to sqlstandards.org. Is there any other
> >>place where I can get the SQL200X docs?
> >
> > Not sure.
>
> See:
> http://www.wiscorp.com/sql/sql_2003_standard.zip

Thanks, I have added this to the developer's FAQ, and removed the
sqlstandads.org url.

Pennsylvania19073