Invalid Unicode Character Sequence found

From
"Bulatovic Natasa"
Date:
Hi All,

One very strange problem within the PostgreSql database.

When you issue the following command:

select id, title from docs where title like 'z%'; or
select id, title from docs where title like 'Z%';

It reports the following error:
ERROR:  Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xc000)

I tried the same query on different tables in different databases -
gives the same error message.
The same error message appears to be even when the table is completely
empty!

Any ideas?
We run postgres 7.3.2 and default charset is UNICODE.

Cheers
Natasa

Re: Invalid Unicode Character Sequence found

Date:
"Bulatovic Natasa" <n.bulatovic@zim.mpg.de> writes:
> select id, title from docs where title like 'z%'; or
> select id, title from docs where title like 'Z%';
> It reports the following error:
> ERROR:  Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xc000)

This is fixed in 7.3.6.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Invalid Unicode Character Sequence found

From
Markus Bertheau
Date:
В Птн, 26.03.2004, в 22:43, Tom Lane пишет:
> "Bulatovic Natasa" <n.bulatovic@zim.mpg.de> writes:
> > select id, title from docs where title like 'z%'; or
> > select id, title from docs where title like 'Z%';
> > It reports the following error:
> > ERROR:  Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xc000)
>
> This is fixed in 7.3.6.

I remember to have stumbled over this bug, too. I poked around in the
code a bit but found nothing that hinted to cause of the bug. So I
wonder what the cause of this bug was?

--
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de>

Re: Invalid Unicode Character Sequence found

From
"Bulatovic Natasa"
Date:
Yes, indeed very strange.
However, it is certainly fixed, because I also tried more advanced
version of postgres and this bug was not in there.

Regards
Natasa