Problems with postgresql 7.4.1 configuration - URGENT

From
beyaRecords - The home Urban music
Date:
Hi,
this all started because I wanted to install pltclu so that I could
gain access to pgmail using tcl. I have re-run the build and even
though I have specified --with-tcl as one of the components of the
build, tcl is not installed in the /lib directory. Has the tcl file
been renamed in the /lib directory and is no longer called pltcl.so?

Could anyone mail me the pltcl.so file so that using createlang pltclu
I can gain access to email facilities using pgmail?

I am running OS X 10.3.2

regards

Uzo

Re: Problems with postgresql 7.4.1 configuration - URGENT

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
beyaRecords - The home Urban music wrote:
> this all started because I wanted to install pltclu so that I could
> gain access to pgmail using tcl. I have re-run the build and even
> though I have specified --with-tcl as one of the components of the
> build, tcl is not installed in the /lib directory. Has the tcl file
> been renamed in the /lib directory and is no longer called pltcl.so?

It should be under $prefix/lib/postgresql/.

Re: Problems with postgresql 7.4.1 configuration - URGENT

Date:
beyaRecords - The home Urban music <uzo@beya-records.com> writes:
> I am running OS X 10.3.2

Last I checked, OS X had tcl but not tk, so you have to configure
--with-tcl --without-tk to get it to build pltcl.

Try again (and pay some attention to the error messages this time ;-))
        regards, tom lane

Re: Problems with postgresql 7.4.1 configuration - URGENT

From
Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Date:
Dear Uzo ,

> Could anyone mail me the pltcl.so file so that using createlang pltclu
> I can gain access to email facilities using pgmail?
>
> I am running OS X 10.3.2

I am not sure if this happens in OS X   you may do something equivalent of
su -c"gmake install-all-headers"
add the libs path to /etc/ld.so.conf
ldconfig
then try creating the language