sundaresan raman
Date:
hi,
I am new of postgre sql.im using cursors in pgsql and
getting tuples successfully returns in c++, but how
can i raise exception in the stored function?.pl
anyone help me.
This is my function :

CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION
sp_test_validatePartnerCode(text)  RETURNS int4 AS
'  DECLAREt_p_code ALIAS FOR $1;curPartner CURSOR FOR SELECT partner_code FROM
test_license WHERE partner_code = t_p_code;BEGIN
  OPEN curPartner;  return curPartner;

END;
'LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' ;

advance thanks ,
sundar

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Re:

From
"A.Bhuvaneswaran"
Date:
> I am new of postgre sql.im using cursors in pgsql and
> getting tuples successfully returns in c++, but how
> can i raise exception in the stored function?.pl
> anyone help me.

You can use 'raise exception' for this purpose. Refer this link for
details:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/plpgsql-errors-and-messages.html

regards,
bhuvaneswaran