output

From
Popeanga Marian
Date:
    Hello all,

         I am interested on how can i put output data for debugging
purposes. Any sample will be very good!
Thanks,
/Marian

Re: output

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
On Thursday 02 October 2003 09:52, Popeanga Marian wrote:
>     Hello all,
>

>           I am interested on how can i put output data for debugging
> purposes. Any sample will be very good!

Output what data when? To what?

If you can describe your situation, I'm sure we can come up with something to
help.

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd

Re: output

From
Popeanga Marian
Date:

Date:
On Thursday 02 October 2003 12:09, Popeanga Marian wrote:

>      Inside a plpgsql block .
>   RAISE NOTICE ''Operation performed!'';
>
> Now if i don't use psql from where i can read the output ?

Ah - I think you need to set CLIENT_MIN_MESSAGES accordingly and then you can
check for a non-fatal error code in your result-code. Never done it myself
mind.

Date:
Popeanga Marian <pmarian@cnlo.ro> writes:
> Now if i don't use psql from where i can read the output ?

If you're using libpq directly, you can install a notice processor hook
routine to catch NOTICE messages.  Otherwise they go to stderr.
        regards, tom lane

Re: output

From
Popeanga Marian
Date:
TomLane wrote:<br /><blockquote cite="mid27018.1065105315@sss.pgh.pa.us" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Popeanga Marian <a
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"href="mailto:pmarian@cnlo.ro"><pmarian@cnlo.ro></a> writes: </pre><blockquote

If you're using libpq directly, you can install a notice processor hook
routine to catch NOTICE messages.  Otherwise they go to stderr.
        regards, tom lane

Re: output

From
Popeanga Marian
Date:
     I am using libpg inside a plugin. <br /> For oracle conections i can read the server output with this package