installation problem

From
mdc@keko.com.ar
Date:
Hi guys
I' install postgres version 7.3.2 from tarball files on linux redhat 8.0 , compilation works fine , but i can't findthe
postgresqlfile in /etc/rc.d/init.d , what's wrong ?the postgres 7.3.2 not have this file?  how are i do to starup
postgresqlat boot time ? Best regards Marcelo Diaz Cortez

¿Todavía no navegás con Keko?
Hacé click aquí: http://www.keko.com.ar

Re: installation problem

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
On Thursday 15 May 2003 9:23 pm, mdc@keko.com.ar wrote:
> Hi guys
>
>  I' install postgres version 7.3.2 from tarball files
>  on linux redhat 8.0 , compilation works fine , but i can't find
>  the postgresql file in /etc/rc.d/init.d , what's wrong ?
>  the postgres 7.3.2 not have this file?
>   how are i do to starup postgresql at boot time ?

If you install from source you'll need to copy the script over yourself. It's
in contrib/startup-scripts (or similar)

--  Richard Huxton