SQL Parser

From
Fabio Rollo
Date:
Hi
I'm looking for a (free, shareware) SQL parser.
Is it (an how is it )feasible to get postgresql and
"separate" the parser from the rest of the code and use it
stand-alone?
If you have suggestions, please e-mail me: f.rollo@unisannio.it .
Thanks in advance.

Fabio Rollo
University of Sannio - Italy
e-mail: f.rollo@unisannio.it

Re: SQL Parser

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Fabio,

> I'm looking for a (free, shareware) SQL parser.
> Is it (an how is it )feasible to get postgresql and
> "separate" the parser from the rest of the code and use it
> stand-alone?

I suggest that you download the source code and take a look at it.  Guides to
the source should be available at:
http://developer.postgresql.org

You may also wish to consider the SQLite project, which may be more of what
you want.  Look it up on www.freshmeat.net.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: SQL Parser

Date:
Well, download the source and look in /src/backend/parser/gram.y.  It
does use a lot of other routines to do the job, though.

Fabio Rollo wrote:
> Hi
> I'm looking for a (free, shareware) SQL parser.
> Is it (an how is it )feasible to get postgresql and
> "separate" the parser from the rest of the code and use it
> stand-alone?
> If you have suggestions, please e-mail me: f.rollo@unisannio.it .
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Fabio Rollo
> University of Sannio - Italy
> e-mail: f.rollo@unisannio.it

Pennsylvania19073

Re: SQL Parser

From
Alvar Freude

-- Fabio Rollo <f.rollo@unisannio.it> wrote:

> I'm looking for a (free, shareware) SQL parser.

Here is a SQL parser, with GPL or Artistic License:

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/data/SQL-Statement/SQL/Statement.html

You can also find more SQL stuff in Perl on CPAN:

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/data/

Ciao Alvar

--
http://censorship.odem.org/