plpgsql

From
"Zodiac"
Date:
Hello everybody!
I have a problem with using language "plpgsql".

When i try to create plpgsql_call_handler() i receive error message:
"Load of file /usr/local/psql/lib/plpgsql.so failed:
/usr/local/psql/lib/plpgsql.so: undefined symbol: getTypeInputInfo"

Listing of function is:
CREATE FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler() RETURNS OPAQUE
AS '/usr/local/psql/lib/plpgsql.so'
LANGUAGE 'C';

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.2 installed from rpm's. File plpgsql.so exists and is placed in correct folder.

What this error means and what should i do?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. OS is AspLinux...

Re: plpgsql

From
Date:
Have you tried createlang command?

$ createlang -Uusername plpgsql dbname

> Hello everybody!
> I have a problem with using language "plpgsql".
>
> When i try to create plpgsql_call_handler() i receive error message: "Load of file
> /usr/local/psql/lib/plpgsql.so failed:
> /usr/local/psql/lib/plpgsql.so: undefined symbol: getTypeInputInfo"
>
> Listing of function is:
> CREATE FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler() RETURNS OPAQUE
> AS '/usr/local/psql/lib/plpgsql.so'
> LANGUAGE 'C';
>
> I'm using PostgreSQL 7.2 installed from rpm's. File plpgsql.so exists and is placed in correct
> folder.
>
> What this error means and what should i do?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> P.S. OS is AspLinux...

Re: plpgsql

From
Jan Wieck
Date:
mallah@trade-india.com wrote:

> Have you tried createlang command?

I doubt that would work. Looks to me like a version mismatch between the
backend and the loadable object for the PL. Who installed that system
and was there lately some upgrade attempt?

Jan

> $ createlang -Uusername plpgsql dbname
>
> > Hello everybody!
> > I have a problem with using language "plpgsql".
> >
> > When i try to create plpgsql_call_handler() i receive error message: "Load of file
> > /usr/local/psql/lib/plpgsql.so failed:
> > /usr/local/psql/lib/plpgsql.so: undefined symbol: getTypeInputInfo"
> >
> > Listing of function is:
> > CREATE FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler() RETURNS OPAQUE
> > AS '/usr/local/psql/lib/plpgsql.so'
> > LANGUAGE 'C';
> >
> > I'm using PostgreSQL 7.2 installed from rpm's. File plpgsql.so exists and is placed in correct
> > folder.
> >
> > What this error means and what should i do?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > P.S. OS is AspLinux...

>    "India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.!"
> http://www.trade-india.com/

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: plpgsql

From
Rajesh Kumar Mallah

yes it looks like from the undefined symbol error. but
ironically createlang worked for him.