auto-commit

From
"Hugh Krenske"
Date:
I have a need to turn auto-commit off.  I am using windows programs and my
code has to run against other DBMS as well.

How can I turn auto-commit off.  I can find no reference to this in the
documentation.

Thank  you

Hubert Krenske

Re: auto-commit

From
chester c young
Date:
> I have a need to turn auto-commit off.
>
> Thank  you
>
> Hubert Krenske

bracket your transaction with:

begin
<dml>
end;

http://tax.yahoo.com

Re: auto-commit

From
"Victor Yegorov"
Date:
* chester c young <chestercyoung@yahoo.com> [03.04.2003 20:23]:
> > I have a need to turn auto-commit off.
> >
> > Thank  you
> >
> > Hubert Krenske
>
> bracket your transaction with:
>
> begin
> <dml>
> end;

May be

begin

<dml>

<commit>|<rollback> ?!

--

Victor Yegorov

Re: auto-commit

From
Victor Yegorov
Date:
* chester c young <chestercyoung@yahoo.com> [03.04.2003 21:02]:
> thanks! (duh)

Take a glance at configuration (postgresql.conf), it's possible to
disable auto-commit there. In that case you'll need to commit/rollback all
queries (just like in Oracle).

--

Victor Yegorov

Re: auto-commit

From
Olleg Samojlov
Date:
May be you have old version. In 7.3 exist set autocommit off

--
Olleg Samojlov